Quantcast
An unvolontary experiment/experience - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An unvolontary experiment/experience

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    When I go to someone's house for a dinner, I always bring a kitchen knife, tucked away in a bag. I seem to constantly get roped into doing kitchen duty and the knives are intolerable.

I also tend to bring stones and just sharpen every knife in the building if time allows. I don't want my friends to suffer when I'm right here.
    +2

I had a similar experience a couple of years ago. We went on a family vacation and stayed at a place with a "fully furnished, functioning kitchen." The terrible state and quality of the knives wasn't even the worst part. The pots and pans were. We went there again last year. I brought as much of my kitchen as I could fit in the car.

Engorged Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    +2

I had a similar experience a couple of years ago. We went on a family vacation and stayed at a place with a "fully furnished, functioning kitchen." The terrible state and quality of the knives wasn't even the worst part. The pots and pans were. We went there again last year. I brought as much of my kitchen as I could fit in the car.
    Seriously, my stuff is not that bad! I've come a long way since then.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Tk you have to remember that most restaurants pots and pans are made for mass use. Most for the home is made for beauty, and single use.

I will be in Bellbrook, Oh. Which is between Cincinnati, and Dayton. I am hoping I can get in at Lola, Micheal Symon's first place while I am there.

When I go to someone's house for a dinner, I always bring a kitchen knife, tucked away in a bag. I seem to constantly get roped into doing kitchen duty and the knives are intolerable.

I also tend to bring stones and just sharpen every knife in the building if time allows. I don't want my friends to suffer when I'm right here.
    Do you enjoy traditional homemade Indian Cuisine?
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

I empathize with your story. First I laughed, then I felt sad. Well you will certainly have a great appreciation for them when they get there.

Ohh, i was a joyful day when i unpacked the Boardsmith and the knives.
    I also started up some new pans (mix of All-Clad, Le Creuset and Spring) which was really good too!

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    Tk you have to remember that most restaurants pots and pans are made for mass use. Most for the home is made for beauty, and single use.

I will be in Bellbrook, Oh. Which is between Cincinnati, and Dayton. I am hoping I can get in at Lola, Micheal Symon's first place while I am there.
    i live in Cincinnati. depending on when it is, and how long you're here, any interest in a meet up?

+3. I bring the whole kit and leave it in the car waiting for the summons to the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    +2

My guess would be that a funished Kit. wt. shared knives & cookware would be the pits

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    i live in Cincinnati. depending on when it is, and how long you're here, any interest in a meet up?
    Edipis, That was 2 mo. ago. It would have been cool to do a meet. Next time I go (my sister lives there) I will drop you a line.

On another note I am not sure what I was smoking at the time, but Lola is in Cleveland. Which I found out kinda the hard way.

Also I ended up taking my set I use for work at that time. I ended up giving my sister 2 knives, and told her to send me some knives when they get dull. She had some no name knife block that well had seen better days. When I can afford it I will end up sending her a Boardsmith board.
    Chewie's the man.

+ Reply to Thread