• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

dad sent me some dirty steel.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
Well, my dad sent me some more of my stuff from Cali, so that I can continue with the gospel of vintage steel. lol These are similar to some of the ones that I had stolen that I didn't put on the list. I also have some teeth I'll put up later.
first up is this one it's in great shape for a knife that's a hundred and thirty years old. I found this info on the web, My limited research shows it to be an A.J. Jordan from Sheffield , England . The obverse (or Mark) side is stamped with AAA1, the same side handle is marked Jordan's best. My research showed that the "AAA1" marks were used during the mid 1880’s and indicates this was an import piece.The founder of A.J. Jordan was actually an American from St. Louis , Missouri who moved to England to manufacture knives in Sheffield . The majority of his early imported pieces were designated for their warehouse and stores in St. Louis, Missouri
dimensions: 9 1/4 in blade x 1 1/8 in carbon steel scimitar. 6 pin handle $50 conus shipping included.

scimitar 013.jpg

scimitar 014.jpg

scimitar 015.jpg

scimitar 016.jpg

scimitar 017.jpg

the second one is an American made unmarked vintage 1960's scimitar
it is carbon steel and needs a little love to be useable.

dimensions: 10 in x 1 3/4 in
3 rivet construction
$40 conus shipped

scimitar 001.jpg

scimitar 002.jpg

scimitar 003.jpg

scimitar 004.jpg

scimitar 005.jpg

scimitar 006.jpg

third one is also American made probably 1960's. This is a butcher's boning knife, it was most definitely used in a slaughter house setting and was ground to hell, until it was half it's original height.
carbonsteel blade. there is some working history here, this knife came out of Texas cattle country.
dimensions: 1o 1/2 in x 5/8 in
3 rivet construction
$25 $5 conus shipping

scimitar 018.jpg

scimitar 019.jpg

scimitar 020.jpg

scimitar 021.jpg

scimitar 024.jpg

the second one is an American made unmarked vintage 1960's scimitar
it is carbon steel and needs a little love to be useable.

dimensions: 10 in x 1 3/4 in
3 rivet construction
$40 conus shipped

Son,
I'll take it.

PZ

last one is also 1960's American. This one actually has a serial number on the handle 6468. doesn't look like a dexter number but it could be,,
dimensions: 9 3/4 in x 2 1/8 in carbonsteel blade
3 rivet construction, rosewood handle.
$40 conus shipped.

scimitar 007.jpg

scimitar 008.jpg

scimitar 009.jpg

scimitar 010.jpg

scimitar 011.jpg

scimitar 012.jpg

last one is also 1960's American. This one actually has a serial number on the handle 6468. doesn't look like a dexter number but it could be,,
dimensions: 9 3/4 in x 2 1/8 in carbonsteel blade
3 rivet construction, rosewood handle.
$40 conus shipped.

Might as well make it 2.

Thanks,
PZ

chef knife gone, thanks again. goin to be able to score some drugs this month.lol

six pin scimitar and boning knife gone.
thanks, guys very muck, I appreciate it.
son

Damn, I get crazy buying chihuahuas and miss my chance!

Back