Brand new from Korin Japanese Trading

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My name is Mari, I will be writing as a vendor on behalf of Korin Japanese Trading in NYC. I am brand new to this forum and I am still trying to navigate myself around. I hope to make new friends and to one day meet those that have been so kind to befriend me through here.

This is me with a sword brought in for knife sharpening:
293539_10150894105970374_833620373_21414439_1171515147_n.jpg
I realize this isn't the most professional picture... but I figured I should put up a picture that describes me a little. LOL

318829_10100544338508168_10739505_58329693_4449109_n.jpg
This is a better picture of what I look like. :)

Just a little background on myself. I am Korin’s knife master’s (Mr. Sugai’s) and Korin’s CEO’s (Ms. Kawano’s) daughter. I am a born and raised New Yorker, who has traveled around Japan since I was very young to visit different vendors. I have been working with Korin for a little over year now, but I still have so much to learn. I hope to learn more about kitchen knives through KKF and the different needs people have to improve Korin. I also hope to contribute to this forum in an informative and fun way. Besides providing information about knives, I would love to share pictures and stories from working at Korin.

Please let me know if I could assist anyone in any way. I will do my best to provide you with the information you need. Even if I don’t have the answer in my head, I will be more than happy to ask Mr. Sugai, do a little research, or anyone else in the company.

Thank you for the introduction. I look forward to reading your contributions. :)

Mari, I look forward to hearing your posts about your adventures at Korin!

Welcome. I love your shop. Very beautiful architecture, decore and the knives are amazing.

Welcome, Mari. Great intro.

Welcome. Great info. I have been very pleased with my business with Korin, and you seem very amicable and helpful.

Welcome Mari, I work part of the time in Mid-Town so I know where 57 Warren St. is! Been there many times before. I'll try and drop by next trip and meet you in person.

Welcome Mari! Lived in NYC for several years when I was around your age. Enjoy it! We'll make sure to stop and say hello next time we're in the city.

Welcome. I look forward to your pics and posts. I'll try to visit you on my trip to the city in July.

Welcome Mari, great intro. Really forward to your contributions here. Wow...been a member here less than a week and 2 marriage proposals? I only got one...Sorry Judd i am taken :D

Welcome Mari, great intro. Really forward to your contributions here. Wow...been a member here less than a week and 2 marriage proposals? I only got one...Sorry Judd i am taken :D

That was an awkward period in my life. The counseling has helped. I still dream of us together though...

Welcome Mari! It's a pleasure having you here to share with us. I hope you find this place as enriching as I do, not just with quality information, but with the quality people here.

Excellent introduction and welcome aboard! Though I do believe we have met in person at the store previously. Nice to have your presence here on the forums.

Welcome Mari. Always nice to have some more NYC representation.

Nice to meet you, that's a great personal touch!

Can't wait to see what you can add here. You sound like you have a unique perspective.

Welcome Mari!!! Great to have you her.

Mario

Back