Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Red Aoto

Just apply a couple coats to sides and bottom?

Yes very simple !

Quote Originally Posted by jgraeff View Post
    Just apply a couple coats to sides and bottom?

This is a great deal, it is so cheap stone, it polishes very well, yet you can basically use it as a finishing stone, as Im doing now with my double bevels.

i have to say i like mine , a couple of the chefs at work bought them last time Maxim visited us, first J-nat for most of them, me included besides a razor stone.

its a easy stone to start with, gives you a great introduction to J-nats and i know they are used daily on a other restaurant were 2 of the chefs went.

I love mine, great stone in the 2k range leaves very even finish and works pretty fast it is great substitute for blue aoto, which are hard to find (both quality and at affordable price). The finish is pretty even and the scratch pattern is easy to remove with the next stone in the progression.
    I would definitely recommend those stones to a beginner that wants to get into J-nats.

Well I'm one of the guys that got this stone. A good beginner stone because if will not punish you if your angle is of - but that's about it.
    Last edited by Dave Martell; 05-13-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Gentlemen, this thread isn't going to be closed but some comments of a personal or business nature are going to be removed.

Please keep the discussion on topic.

If there is a personal or business issue that needs resolve please take this to a PM.

So I taped the front side of the stone with blue painters tape and applied lacquer to the sides n bottom.

It seems some got on the edge of the one side under the tape will this be an issue? Could I use a dmt to remove it? Or will sharpening take it off eventually?

Quote Originally Posted by jgraeff View Post
    So I taped the front side of the stone with blue painters tape and applied lacquer to the sides n bottom.

It seems some got on the edge of the one side under the tape will this be an issue? Could I use a dmt to remove it? Or will sharpening take it off eventually?
    I had some run onto mine as well, a quick lapping took it off.