Quantcast
Mammoth molar Slabs. FS
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mammoth molar Slabs. FS

Mammoth molar Slabs. FS

OK, After tons of work and testing Im finally ready to offer you guys the Best of the Best in stabilized mammoth tooth and ivory knife scales and blocks, Ill start off with these. They are fully stabilized and have been flat sanded on both sided to 220Grit. There perfectly flat on both sides.
    I want you to know, based on many years of using and buying this material. I can say with certainty. These are the best of the best and largest tooth scales you can buy! let alone find for sale! Dont believe me, Google it.

OK so here is the breakdown.. I will measure these from the largest points. and thats the numbers I will use in the descriptions.
    I could square them up. But with materials like this. I would prefer leaving whole. Which allows you to be selective in how you lay out your knife handles.. Most of these are large enough to make 2 sets of knife scales. With pieces left over for a set of bolsters or some spacers etc.. Thats the main reason I started down this road. Because I was unhappy with what was available. It always seemed like when I needed a piece for a project, all I could find was pieces that were to small or to thin, or not long enough etc..etc..

I accept normal forms of payment. PayPal Is preferred. Shipping on these will be 5.20 for USA and 15.00 for international.
    To purchase. Please post on this thread. and I will contact you. These are posted for sale on a couple other forums. So your post will be how I determine who gets what set.

For instructions on how to cut and sand and drill please see my other post. http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...019#post107019

Set 5 Measures 6 7/8 X 2 13/16 X 1/4 Asking 150.00

Please post on this thread to secure your set!

I can fit up to 4 sets in a small flat rate box. package.

Stay tuned, I will be cutting and prepping some Blocks and ferrule pieces and sets.

Thanks
    Last edited by Andrew H; 05-11-2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Request

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

HHH Custom Knives T Shirts.

dude, one piece handles are much cooler than knife scales. Knife scales are so 1990...

Quote Originally Posted by oivind_dahle View Post
    dude, one piece handles are much cooler than knife scales. Knife scales are so 1990...
    You are dilusional. Its all about the westerns. Who wants straight flat lines when you can have curves. You of all people should understand how nice curves are.

Sets #1 2 and 4 are SOLD.. oivind Looks like a few of us are still rockin the 90's!!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Ice Ice baby...

I'll take #3

Quote Originally Posted by oivind_dahle View Post
    Ice Ice baby...
    Bu, buda bum, bum.. bumbuum.. Ice Ice BABY!

Set 3 SOLD to Dave! Thanks

Here is a better photo of set 5. I just realized how little the picture was of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8785.JPG‎
Views:	40
Size:	279.6 KB
ID:	6981  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dave, I sent out your slabs today.. They should arrive quickly. There is one set left! Set 5..

I will be cutting more next week, and cutting some blocks and pieces for ferules and end caps and spacers. So far I have Mike down for 2 blocks. if anyone wants dibs on some post here what you would like, any special instructions and sizes or shoot me a PM

+ Reply to Thread