Quantcast
Bob Kramer/henkels - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bob Kramer/henkels

Hmm, looks like some idea on the pricing on the new Henckles Kramers is out. Mark has them listed for 399.95 for the 10' and 349.95 for the 8'.

http://www.This Site Not Allowed Here.com.com/kramerknives.html

Not sure if that price is locked. But it is higher than I was anticipating. I was looking more in the 200-250 range. Guess I will not be getting a replica!

that's too expensive for me. it's okay, though, i couldn't imagine liking that profile.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    Hmm, looks like some idea on the pricing on the new Henckles Kramers is out. Mark has them listed for 399.95 for the 10' and 349.95 for the 8'.

Not sure if that price is locked. But it is higher than I was anticipating. I was looking more in the 200-250 range. Guess I will not be getting a replica!
    +1 Thats too steep. I thought it would be less because the Shun ones are damascus and around that price too

Come on guys, this is all about cashing in on Kramer's name, the New Yorker article, and his big e-bay scores. It isn't about what the knives are worth as tools in the kitchen. But nothing Kramer has done in the last 10 years has been about that.

I mean if they perform as well in real life as they do "on paper" they should be pretty nice. There are plenty of knives like this in that price range. Isn't that how much the Shun ones are, too?

That doesn't mean at all that I am going to get one...

I actually quite like the looks of the 10". The extra length makes the large height seem reasonably balanced. The 8" however simply looks odd and squashed for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias504 View Post
    I mean if they perform as well in real life as they do "on paper" they should be pretty nice. There are plenty of knives like this in that price range.
    you can get a Mizuno 270 for less than that. i have a hard time imagining they perform better than the Mizuno. handle fit and finish is probably better on the Henckels Kramer, admittedly.

I agree with you totally. What you are paying for essentially is the "fancy" Kramer handle reproduction. I would rather the Mizuno at that price point. Several other knives actually. DT ITK western comes to mind..

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    you can get a Mizuno 270 for less than that. i have a hard time imagining they perform better than the Mizuno. handle fit and finish is probably better on the Henckels Kramer, admittedly.
    Luckily, you don't have to imagine since you will be able to handle the Henckels-Kramer and compare it to your Mizuno at Sur La Table.
    "Experience" is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by so_sleepy View Post
    Luckily, you don't have to imagine since you will be able to handle the Henckels-Kramer and compare it to your Mizuno at Sur La Table.
    i doubt they'd let me sharpen the Henckels-Kramer though...

+ Reply to Thread