Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CrossFit

It is a bit pricey, but you get results and you get motivation. I have gone back and forth because of the cost, but concluded that like with everything else in life, you get what you paid for. Now I am back for good, I hope. I also run and swim, so Crossfit fits neatly in.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I prefer kettlebells as my main workout routine. Mix in deadlifts, abs, few pullups, loaded splits and 1.5-2 hours are gone

i really like the crossfit website. pretty comprehensive collection of workout info, tutorials, how to videos.

Ok so I have some friends who are crossfit trainers and well they are in pretty awesome shape, the question you have to ask your self is what is your goal? Do you want to run a tough mudder or and obstacle race or you just want to be a little more fit? Crossfit will if you put effort in make you into a fit competitor but if you just want to get in better shape and feel healthier you can save your self some money and just go for a walk one to two times a day. Go to a park and play on the jungle gym or monkey bars or climb some trees and toss in some push ups and pull ups and some body weight squats and there you go you got your self a poor mans crossfit ! Seriously though the program is good its worth the money if you need some one to push you and you want to get in real shape, but if you do the program try do a tough mudder or warrior dash or Zombie run at the end of a 5 or 6 week session so to keep yourself motivated you have a reason to be running and jumping to exhaustion. That`s what they tell me ! Good Luck either way!!
    I have discovered that all human evil comes from this, man's being unable to sit still in a room. -Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)

I'm doing a Tough Mudder in 3 weeks! I wish I could afford Crossfit but most of my trainig has been running, interval training, and weights.

I get three things from Crossfit that make it worthwhile for me - motivation, results and competitive environment. If I hadn't spent the money on Crossfit, I would probably eat out more often. To me it's a reasonable compromise.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by adletson View Post
    I'm doing a Tough Mudder in 3 weeks! I wish I could afford Crossfit but most of my trainig has been running, interval training, and weights.
    Where are you doing it? If you want a good interval work out for it I have mine when I did it and its a little over kill but if you do it you will have the easiest time with the coarse hahaha!
    I have discovered that all human evil comes from this, man's being unable to sit still in a room. -Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)