Quantcast
Blade 2012
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blade 2012

Blade 2012

http://www.bladeshow.com/ehome/index...9&tabid=30566&

I wish I could go, hopefully some here will go and post pics!

Lots of kitchenknives there this year. I see Burke and Carter on the list. Hoss are you under the name Hoss Knives @ Table #21L?

Cool stuff. I get so focused on kitchen knives that I forget the whole cornucopia of awesome looking blades that exist out there. I was also pleased to learn that DT's damascus is used on the knife of the year.

If you are looking for a lot of great kitchen knives at Blade, that time has not come........yet. if you are looking to be overwhelmed by the massive volume of all things sharp and pointy and have a great time hanging out with really nice knife people, you must make the pilgrimage some day. Until then, kneel down on your knife roll, face Atlanta, and say knifey things 5 times a day while the show is going on.

Doesn't blade own knifeforums now? Link.

We could have an ol' fashioned get together Just kidding. I really would love to go to that show one day. I just fear all of the other stuff I would end up getting hooked on though.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Doesn't blade own knifeforums now? Link.

We could have an ol' fashioned get together Just kidding. I really would love to go to that show one day. I just fear all of the other stuff I would end up getting hooked on though.

k.
    yep got the e-mail last mo. since I had just signed up with them I thought it was weird. Now I get more emails from blade mag. than I do from the forum.

you really cant do the show in one day i used all 3 the other year and still didnt get to see everything

Quote Originally Posted by l r harner View Post
    you really cant do the show in one day i used all 3 the other year and still didnt get to see everything
    Sorry, by 'one day' I meant 'some day' in the future. I'd definitely hang for a while. I'm going to shoot for next year.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

It isn't a kitchen knife show but if you hunt through every table and booth you will still probably find enough to keep you happy for 3 days. Atlanta is the SHOT show of knives for sure.

much more awesomer
    Is there enough there to keep a non-sporting-knife-enthusiast entertained? There is a reason I'm not a member of KF, but I can get to Atlanta really easily.

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    Is there enough there to keep a non-sporting-knife-enthusiast entertained? There is a reason I'm not a member of KF, but I can get to Atlanta really easily.
    I would think sharpening stuff and handle supply stuff (for that next custom from your favorite maker) to start.

Also, even kitchen knife junkies should all sport at least 1 decent edc...