Quantcast
Please Give Feedback on Knife Order Form - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please Give Feedback on Knife Order Form

Also, what happens when you submit the form? Auto email confirmation; final price reflecting option choices, etc.
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

You might want to list what damascus patterns are available. Including any that might cost a different price than that listed. Also, if any special orders patterns can be done.

Adding costs of "upgrades" where possible would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Maybe include some general information on policies even if they appear elsewhere on the site. Estimated delivery, as best as possible; return policy if any (doubt you would have much of this); payment methods; deposits. You have addressed much of this to forum members, but 'forum foreigners' may not know as much about your knives as they should.
    ~s
    Good idea. I was thinking of covering this in my return mail, confirming the order and laying out policies and expected wait time.

There are many variables, so details and final cost will have to be done on email. I would like to keep the form as lean and uncluttered as possible.

I might have to rework parts of the site, to include damascus patterns, pictures, policies and pricing information, this seems to be on ongoing thing. The order form is to confine records to one place - now I get on email, pm, skype, etc. It's easy to lose track of the orders.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

The asterisk next to each field name is not defined. I guess it means "required"?

Rather than "Describe your request", I would say "Comments (optional)", since some people may not know what else to put in the field, and may not need to add a description.

Could you limit the blade length choices depending on the knife type selected? Otherwise, you allow a customer to order a 295mm petty.

Regards,

Mark

Thanks, Mark
    Made corrections

I think it's pretty clean and simple, though of course it could be made fancier down the road (sample photos of various materials choices and profiles etc.).

Typo on the spelling of "comments" at the bottom of the form.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    I think it's pretty clean and simple, though of course it could be made fancier down the road (sample photos of various materials choices and profiles etc.).

Typo on the spelling of "comments" at the bottom of the form.
    Corrected.

I think that info will be in other pages on main and sub menus.

Thanks, John -

I will argue my vision for a "fancy" order form at a later date.

"Chefs" should have an apostrophe ("Chef's" unless you use "Chef" instead).

I also wonder about what should happen when one selects "other" for either knife type or length. Instead of just asking the customer to "please specify" (in the comments section I suppose), you might have a separate field drop down if "other" is selected. Perhaps it doesn't really matter at this point. I imagine someday you will list more blade types (cleaver, honesuki, etc.) as you are able to do so, removing the need for an "other" category altogether.

Edit: And should length have "edge" in front of it? (assuming that's your meaning).

Standard waiver language to protect yourself. Have language saying something to the extent that this is only an order form, not a guarantee of production, production will only be started upon payment and availability of materials, you will not be responsible for any errors made by the person completing the order form, etc.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"