Quantcast
Cut Brooklyn Again - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cut Brooklyn Again

Anyone else notice that one of the times he tried cutting garlic he didn't cut all the way through? I am not trying to be pedantic, it just amused me

yes. I was thinking the same thing!!! and his cuts were slow I found it frustrating to watch. His handles look cutco inspired. that irks me too.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

The challenger on Iron Chef last night was using one of his knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    I noticed that as well.

But did he win? I don't watch TV so I wouldn't have any way of knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    I caught this episode on Saturday night - Iron Chef Zakarian vs. Michael Ferraro. There was a slow motion playback of Michael Ferraro using his Cut Brooklyn to slice peaches to transparent thin since his sous chef was not able to do it with the slicer because the peaches were too fresh. You can't pay for that type of product placement and marketing.

Wowza, that's pretty interesting.

Which of course is why he doesn't need web forums, cutlery magazines, knife shows etc.

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    I remember Cory Milligan (or maybe his brother) from New West Knifeworks getting bitten pretty hard in the ass by this community too, and he's ignored it ever since. We're a tiny, insular, and irrelevant demographic. There's no point in having your product "made better" by us snobbish nit-pickers when 99% of the people buying knives in this world do it based off budget, convenience, and brand-name recognition, with "performance" being an entirely meaningless property most people only comprehend in it's relationship to the junk with which they're already familiar. If Joel or Cory can get themselves lines out the door based off a few write-ups in the paper and word of mouth around town, more power to 'em. If I could sell a thousand knives without subjecting myself to the rigorous vetting of a community that quibbles over little things like the degree of convexity on the right face of the knife compared to the left, or the ethereal differences in it's "sharpenability" relative to some esoteric and imported Japanese paper steel, I would too.

That said, I still wish we could get a passaround going on one of these, so we could quibble about the degrees of convexity on the blade face and what brand of motor oil he uses to quench.

well said Vertigo.
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC