RIP - Carroll Shelby dies at 89

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R.I.P
A true American icon.What an amazing life he lived...

Always sad when we lose someone who was a legend in their own time.

Carroll Shelby, a very cool, old school car guy. Truly an American icon in the automotive world.

When I saw this posted I had to send a text to my boss. He is a huge Shelby fan. I am very saddened by this too.

Shelby was one of my heros, from long ago. It would have been great to have met and talked with him. He was one of the greats, like Smoky Unick, who could do miracles with what appeared to be nothing much. Shelby will be missed!

RIP to a great American icon. As a gearhead I am very saddened today.

A huge loss not too many individuals faced down Enzo Ferrari and won, a true American icon.

And he had a heart transplant in 1990!

i had a shelby but it was only a charger
miss that car but at the time i jsut could not keep it on the road
this is what mine looked like
85_dodge_shelby_charger_web_1.JPG

Those Chargers were cool. I never had one but rode in a few. A roommate of mine had a 90's cobra collectors edition. That thing was way to sweet. If I hadn't valleted when I lived in Dallas I would have said the best car I have ever driven/ridden in.

Very sad. I used to work at a shop that built Cobra replicas.

I have memories of going to races at Lime Rock in 1963 and watching the early Cobras kick the pants off the Corvettes. Like taking candy from a baby.

yep thems the bad assesest i find i liek them better the the cobras

Latest posts

Back