Hello Everyone!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EBSDallas

Reaction score
Hello!

I Just stumbled onto this site after a Google search. I got tired of all the junk knives that seem to accumulate in the kitchen and decided to get serious about them.

Everett

Welcome and prepare your bank accounts for the onslaught!!:viking:

Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome!

For the last twenty years or so I've become more and more interested in cooking. Because my wife's retail business (fashion related) requires her to work on Saturday and sometimes Sunday I've started to put what I've learned to use and frequently try to have something special ready when she comes home. I've just gotten tired of reaching into the knife drawer only to find a junk shiv in it. As an architect cooking is another creative outlet; but, I'm just a rank amateur, my wife on the other hand is hell-on-wheels in the kitchen.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, all of you.

Let the adventure begin!

Everett

...As an architect cooking is another creative outlet; but, I'm just a rank amateur, my wife on the other hand is hell-on-wheels in the kitchen.

Just wait until you have scary sharp knives and you rattle off knife steels as readily as she does fabric and cuts of dresses. Then there will come the time when your chopping skills will leave her in the dust and she will want you to take over parts of her dishes. After that it becomes an obsession for you that may necessitate hiding knife gear, late night forum chat, or small lies like representing the down payment as the full price of the knife (because you 'forgot'). As I learned in my higher education: all development/progress also brings social change. Your kitchen is about to become a different place.

Welcome.

k.

Just wait until you have scary sharp knives and you rattle off knife steels as readily as she does fabric and cuts of dresses. Then there will come the time when your chopping skills will leave her in the dust and she will want you to take over parts of her dishes. After that it becomes an obsession for you that may necessitate hiding knife gear, late night forum chat, or small lies like representing the down payment as the full price of the knife (because you 'forgot'). As I learned in my higher education: all development/progress also brings social change. Your kitchen is about to become a different place.

Welcome.

k.

It is scary how true that is. Enjoy and welcome

Back