Quantcast
Looking for Good Coffee Supplier - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for Good Coffee Supplier

i get mine form pork and beans westminster MD ( not sure if they ship )

i also liek to make mine in an aeropress (cheap and fun way to get a good cup ) its a bit liek a coffee chem lab

What's Brewing? Organic Brazilian Blue is my favorite coffee of all time.

I am not biased, I didn't even know they were from texas until long after I loved them. if you can't get any, I'll get you some.

Brown is a good roaster out of San Antonio http://www.browncoffeeco.com/ I have enjoyed their coffee on more than one occasion.

Valentine Roasting Co. out of Milwaukee; one guy does it all...says he caramelizes the beans instead of roasting to bring out the natural sweetness. It is the strongest, yet peculiarly least bitter coffee I've ever had....
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

I worked with a few people from Alterra in milwaukee, they have good coffee. Also carmelization is part of the roasting process along with the mailard reaction.

Hey Mark,
    I dunno if you ever get over to Ashland, but Noble Coffee Roasters are doing a good job there.

Also, Mix Sweet Shop carries a good variety of fresh Stumptown beans and they brew a good cup as well. Their pastries don't suck either (not even a little), neither does the gelato.

Hope that helps.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

Does anyone buy from sweet maria's?

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Does anyone buy from sweet maria's?
    I do

This is what I drank in college, https://caffeibis.com/ , great brews. I have not been back in years, but it now appears you can buy online, yeehaw.

I really enjoy a good coffee, but I lack consistency in my motivation. Years ago I ordered green beans from Sweet Maria's and Vivace and loved both their espresso mixes. But shipping green beans to Hawaii is illegal (supposedly to avoid importing 'pests' that endanger the local coffees) and the shops are now much more compliant. So, for my French press, I use whatever local coffee I can find freshly roasted - and there are good choices between Wholefoods, a few specialty stores and even Costco roasting Kona beans regularly - but I still need to find a way to get my hands on green beans for good espresso blends. May have to have them shipped to mainland friends and then have them forwarded here.

Just looked at the original post again and realized that was not your question. But I know there should be places that ship out Hawaiian roasts to the mainland - Aaron, don't you have 100% Kona roasts you can ship?

Stefan