1783 knife shop

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steeley

GoogleFu San
Founding Member
Reaction score
Year founded 1783 and then 227 years of history, you can still breathe in the original furnishings. These credentials are of the 'Old Horse Aguzzeria of the oldest shop in Bologna, located in the medieval Middle-Market.

The name is due to the presence of a horse that moved the system of wheels for sharpening knives and swords. This tradition has been preserved over time and still the service of sharpening knives and selling all types of sharps remains a cornerstone of our business, coupled to the selected field of household and kitchen items.

qwmle.png
[/IMG]

opTzF.jpg
[/IMG]

MNwl1.jpg
[/IMG]

ecS1i.jpg
[/IMG]

Six generations of the same family have marked its 225 years while maintaining uninterrupted to this day.

Okay, i gotta ask, steeley, what do you do, antiques dealer? You find some seriously cool stuff.

:hatsoff:No not me just really like some this stuff and sharing it here for you gentleman .

and whom ever labeled my aviator Thank YOU .

Bologna. One of my favorite cities in the world. I went there three times before I ever even got to Rome. I'm thinking of going back again. That knife shop is in an area that's got one of the most beutiful market streets in the world.

Cheers,

Jack

That's great! We're hoping to go to that area later in the year; if we make it to Bologna I promise to drag my wife into this place :thumbsup:

Back