Quantcast
A Soup Book?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Soup Book?

A Soup Book?

The foods I struggle most with cooking are the foods I don't eat. I'm not really a soup eater. I would like to do more freshly made soups at work but am not finding many recipes that are conducive in my texts from school.

Can anyone recommend any cookbook(s) specific to soups? A professional oriented book rather than a home cookbook would be preferred.

Thanks!

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    The foods I struggle most with cooking are the foods I don't eat. I'm not really a soup eater. I would like to do more freshly made soups at work but am not finding many recipes that are conducive in my texts from school.

Can anyone recommend any cookbook(s) specific to soups? A professional oriented book rather than a home cookbook would be preferred.

Thanks!

-AJ
    James Peterson's Splendid Soups
    or
    the soup bible
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Here's one that specializes in chicken soup http://www.amazon.com/Whole-World-Lo.../dp/0446676497 written by Mimi Sheraton. She also wrote http://www.amazon.com/The-German-Coo.../dp/0394401387 which is one of my favorites. There are some good German soups in there too. She was also a food writer/critic for the NY Times. I can't think of any other soup specific book I have. I refer to Marcella Hazan and Giuliano Bugialli for Italian soups, Diane Kennedy and Rick Bayless for Mexican soups, Penelope Casas for Spanish, Julia Child's books for French, etc. A quick Amazon search brings up this book http://www.amazon.com/Splendid-Soups...963219&sr=1-12 which looks promising... the guy knows his sauces, so why not soup?

Which Soup Bible? There seems to be a few of them out there by different authors.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    James Peterson's Splendid Soups
    or
    the soup bible

the ultimate soup bible by Ann Sheasby or Jacque Pepin makes some good soups , try Essential Pepin: More Than 700 All-Time Favorites from My Life in Food
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Sounds good. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread