Girlfriend Boyfriend knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim

Founding Member
Reaction score
After seeing Øivind post i decided to make my girlfriend also a knife :D

My girlfriend is always scared of my knifes, they rust, to big, to sharp and so on
So i got some nice mammoth Ivory from Randy HHH and some cool pins that i know she will like.
Knife is Yoshikane SLD, She need SS knife :surrendar:

Here is result:

IMGP1996.jpg

IMGP1998.jpg

IMGP2003.jpg

IMGP2004.jpg

IMGP1994.jpg

I am quite happy with result and she love it too !! Small enough for her to use, and flashy enough for me not to use it :D

To get good contrast i also re handled my favored Western Deba :clown:
With some dark welnut.
Now i dont feel so jealous for her knife :wink:

IMGP2006.jpg

IMGP2007.jpg

IMGP2008.jpg

IMGP2010.jpg

IMGP2013.jpg

Please post your Girlfriend/wifes favored knife !

What Deba? That cleaver is a beast :D is that a custom job?

Insane. Both knives!

You did the mammoth handle right?
I loved it!

You should be proud :)

Those are some beautiful knives you got there! My GF likes the Victorinox 7" Santoku - lucky me, she's not a "bling" person when it comes to knives but she likes it because it's light and claims the handle feels good in her hand. I do my best to keep it sharp for her and it's good to go.

Thanks guys yes i did both handles :D My first try with Ivory !
My GF love it, i think mostly because its SS
I use mostly carbon in my kitchen :)

Nice crisp lines on the handle work...

My wife likes the Kyocera ceramics, which is fine, because I don't have to worry about her drying them properly....

Please post your Girlfriend/wifes favored knife !

No way would I get my gf a nice knife, she just isn't on the same page at all on this, no matter how I try to convince.

My old Global is the only one she would feel comfortable using...yet she grabs a serrated Forschner steak knife for almost everything.

Yeah i think there was made 3 One for me one for my student and one for Stefan :)
When do you re handle yours ?? And with what wood ?

Yeah i think there was made 3 One for me one for my student and one for Stefan :)
When do you re handle yours ?? And with what wood ?
I'll have to think about the wood, than have to find the time...

beautiful knives Maxim :D if i knew the Yoshikane western would have looked something like that, i would probably changed my mind about western ;) great knife for GF and realy good work on handle

Hehe! I am getting a stainless 150mm petty from Marko for the exact reasons you point out. She is afraid of carbon, other knives are too big and she thinks they are too sharp...

I guess she will have to get used to the sharpness though :)

No way would I get my gf a nice knife, she just isn't on the same page at all on this, no matter how I try to convince.

My old Global is the only one she would feel comfortable using...yet she grabs a serrated Forschner steak knife for almost everything.

This is what I got for my wife:

2e051ca1.jpg

This is what she prefers to use:

f244da15.jpg

The Rodrigue is "too sharp".

:beatinghead:

I'm sure she knows that only dull knives cut people.

Rick, if your wife doesn't like the Rodrigue, I'd be happy to use it!

I've got her on board with the "sharper is safer" thing, but she still won't use anything bigger than a 165 santoku and prefers the global 150 petty.

She refuses to touch any of my carbon knives for fear of somehow messing them up. Just as well seeing as how I usually find the globals in the sink the next morning.

lol, maybe she knows how you would yell at her if she left a good one out until morning.

My wife's favorite knife is a Watanabe 210 gyuto. I basically have to pry it out of her hands...

My wife will use a Global sheepsfoot parer, a Victorinox parer, MY Sabatier parer (I kinda love this knife), occasionally an Ivo Santoku (stainless), but her favorite knife is an Ivo parer. Notice any sort of pattern?
One that I caught her using and washing/drying right away, was my Fujiwara FKM 120 petty. Now that surprised me.

My wife's favorite, she uses it for everything. 165mm Tosa Hakata

IMG_0353.jpg

I bought my wife a Hiromoto AS 210 gyuto which she loves. Nearly as much as I do. :biggrin: I tend to use it when I leave the rest of my kit at work.

Back