Greetings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dream Burls

Reaction score
As a newly registered member to this forum I just wanted to say hi and tell you all how much I enjoy this forum and the information it provides. My interest in knives began some years ago with the folder variety. I have a couple of custom folders and a few Spydercos and others. Last Christmas I decided to buy my wife some new kitchen cutlery and the direction of my interests changed accordingly. Due to time constraints with the holidays fast approaching, a too brief search led me to the Shun classic line. Wish I had found this forum first. Anyway, she loves them and I continued to educate myself in the world of kitchen cutlery. A couple of months ago I decided to buy a gyuto for myself. Long story short, this led me to Marko and we are currently discussing one of his customs. I now understand all the praise and admiration you have for this gentleman. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself to all of you and as things progress with Marko I'll let you know.

Stay sharp.

You put me on the spot, Myron, :) but I am glad you had a good experience. I hope the knife (probably a couple of months away) will justify some of the praise.

M

PS: And I am sure you will stop by and take a look at my operation some time before that.

Did not intend to put you on the spot. Just looking forward to finalizing the handle design and moving forward. And don't worry about the time, I can wait.

No problem, I was just joking.

Welcome aboard. This is a great place if you like knives and cooking.

M

Love knives and trying my hand at cooking lately. Admiration of beauty is one thing, implementation of beauty is another and utility of beauty is yet another. This forum seems to embrace all three.

As a newly registered member to this forum I just wanted to say hi and tell you all how much I enjoy this forum and the information it provides. My interest in knives began some years ago with the folder variety. I have a couple of custom folders and a few Spydercos and others. Last Christmas I decided to buy my wife some new kitchen cutlery and the direction of my interests changed accordingly. Due to time constraints with the holidays fast approaching, a too brief search led me to the Shun classic line. Wish I had found this forum first. Anyway, she loves them and I continued to educate myself in the world of kitchen cutlery. A couple of months ago I decided to buy a gyuto for myself. Long story short, this led me to Marko and we are currently discussing one of his customs. I now understand all the praise and admiration you have for this gentleman. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself to all of you and as things progress with Marko I'll let you know.

Stay sharp.

I've got a Marko gyuto and there is no way you can go wrong with that. In my eyes he keeps on improving on perfect. I don't really know how he does it, but it seems like he is able to collect the best from all grand makers and incorporate them into one knife. Congrats on your choice of first custom knife.

DarKHOeK

Welcome to the Knut House! It sounds like you are off to a good start!

Sounds like a nice start. I hope your pocket book can support your habit. :crossfingers:

Latest posts

Back