10 1/4" sanmai suji for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevinT

Reaction score
carbon core with stainless clad

cocobolo wa handle, 40mm tall at the heel, full distal taper, rounded spine and choil, thin at the edge

price is $750.00 shipped conus

Hope you like it

Hoss

001.jpg

002.jpg

I think I need to start a DT fund, so when you post things I have the money to buy it. Beautiful knife!! Good luck with the sale.

Is this another super wear resistant core or a regular carbon? I know your somewhat protective about your steels but any info you could share would be great. I did say I wanted to buy one of your knives when you posted the last gyuto but asked for a suji....this may be perfect. Wondering if besides this having a slightly less complex handle it is of the same construction? Thanks and she sure is a beautiful tool.

Is this another super wear resistant core or a regular carbon? I know your somewhat protective about your steels but any info you could share would be great. I did say I wanted to buy one of your knives when you posted the last gyuto but asked for a suji....this may be perfect. Wondering if besides this having a slightly less complex handle it is of the same construction? Thanks and she sure is a beautiful tool.

mystery carbon core. This stuff is more wear resistant than 52100 or any of the paper steels.

Hoss

This one is sold.

Thanks everyone.

Hoss

Very nice. The mystery steel is one of my favorites. Someone is going to be very happy.

Nice-looking knife, Devin! If I had not put in an order yesterday morning for a similar knife I would have been very tempted.

Okay, that is a lie. I was still very tempted! But I forced myself to go to bed in hopes this knife would be spoken for by morning. :O

That's what I get for waiting till morning to check out your response on steel choice, well as I said she is a beautiful knife and someone is very lucky.

Yeah. This one might have the best profile of any Devin suji I've seen. :)

That is a great knife and great price. Lucky buyer.

Cool thanks Rick. The stainless is more resistant to staining when the core heat treats at a higher temperature, like stainless PM. Meats are hard on steels, especially when they have been brined.

Hoss

That is just spectacular. I love the patina the mystery steel takes.

I have a DT San Mai that cleans the clock of all my other knives.

Something interesting on the patination of the stainless cladding. The cladding on my san mai swr gyuto took a patina after I first received it. I've since refinished on a SB belt and it surprisingly hasn't take a patina again.

Something interesting on the patination of the stainless cladding. The cladding on my san mai swr gyuto took a patina after I first received it. I've since refinished on a SB belt and it surprisingly hasn't take a patina again.

I'll have to give that a try. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back