Thats what happens...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bieniek

Banned
Reaction score
...to a new Shigefusa after one shift in the kitchen :)

Oooooooh no, I dont have this knife to look good :lol2:

100_4141.jpg

100_4140.jpg

100_4153.jpg

100_4151.jpg

100_4135.jpg

WOW "nice patina" B :D I'm getting one myself a few days from now - guess I have to be really carefull! Thanks for posting ;)

What do you mean you don't have it to look good - that patina is beautiful!!!:doublethumbsup:

That is a natural patina? It looks like a forced one to me because of the patterns and textures...not doubting you, I've just never seen a natural one take form like that.

Then again, I've never had a Shig.

That is a natural patina? It looks like a forced one to me because of the patterns and textures...not doubting you, I've just never seen a natural one take form like that.
I'll outright doubt it, there's no chance in hell that patina is completely natural. I'll agree it happened in one day, but simply put natural patinas don't develop that uniformly (especially not up to the emoto) unless they're... erm, "coerced" a little bit. Besides, he never said it was natural, he just said it was made in one day in the kitchen. That's a literal, though slightly misleading, truth.

He said it was onions in a later reply ... if I understood correctly???

Implications can be misleading. Regardless, be it intentional or language barrier or simple miscommunication, I think it's safe to assume we agree, it's not likely to be completely natural. Lol.

That's cool Mike, for a gyuto. Congrat on the new 9 sun.

I try to keep my shigs clean coz they are single bevel :)

Guys just take it easy :)

Patina is a hybrid.

I chopped loads of red onions with the knife for compote and white for things like foams and such.
I have not wiped the blade right away, for the patinas sake.

The 1/4 of the blade near tang, I just threw onions there. Also when slicing rings I just placed two there.

Back