Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Behold! The Masamoto & Korin Collaboration: The Kizuna

Quote Originally Posted by Candlejack View Post
    What about price? And a bit more info on the steel.

You can always to a pass-around too
    The price ranges from $930.00 – $1,150.00.
    Yea, it's pretty pricey.

Thats a great idea, I'll bring this up to Ms. Kawano. It might have to be in June when Mr. Sugai comes home so he can do the uraoshi process on the knife, but I will keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Korin_Mari View Post
    The price ranges from $930.00 – $1,150.00.
    Yea, it's pretty pricey.

Thats a great idea, I'll bring this up to Ms. Kawano. It might have to be in June when Mr. Sugai comes home so he can do the uraoshi process on the knife, but I will keep you posted.

Fantastic! Always up for trying knives i can't afford yet! And i bet the other guys are also up for it!

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I was gonna say you can see the price tags on the first pic. I love the cover and how this knife looks. Hope there is a pass around that would be sweet.

I like the look of the light colored buffalo horn instead of the traditional black. Kind of a bummer to not have a choice unless you hand pick it out, but that's a great excuse to go to Korin to hand pick! The shiro ichi is White #1 correct? Sounds like those knives would be incredible!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taz575 View Post
    I like the look of the light colored buffalo horn instead of the traditional black. Kind of a bummer to not have a choice unless you hand pick it out, but that's a great excuse to go to Korin to hand pick! The shiro ichi is White #1 correct? Sounds like those knives would be incredible!!
    I like the white buffalo horns or the nicely marbled one too. I hate how the completely black ones sometimes looks like its plastic... But yea, it is a great excuse to come into Korin! I've had customers ask me to bring out a few boxes so they can choose, which is fine. lol PLUS if you come in Mr. Sugai will do the uraoshi process for you and if you ask he'll give you a brief instruction to how to sharpen them. so yes... Come visit! I will be sure to be there if you let me know when.

Yup! It won't be for a while, but I found some things I could pick up. Oh, and don't think you are weird for admiring and staring at the knife. I do the same with some blocks of burled woods!! They just sit on a shelf and I stare at them. Can't bear to cut them up for a handle yet!! And I just ordered 9 more pieces of wood. Yikes!