• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT: Takeda 240mm gyuto with Stefan handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sashae

Reaction score
So, I've got this Takeda gyuto, which I actually really like, but the handle is a little larger than I'd prefer (I really prefer fairly small handles.) Rather than destroying the handle re-handling the knife, I figured I'd at least ask to see if anyone has a trade they'd be interested in. I would want another 240mm gyuto, preferably Wa handled, with the most "French-ish" profile possible -- I had a Tadatsuna and it wasn't bellied enough for me.

If I can't find something, I'm happy to keep it and either keep as-is or rehandle, but figure I'd at least see if there's interest.

7203843458_1832f6f248_b.jpg

7203844334_b60e9bb870_b.jpg

7203845910_eb918ce34b_b.jpg

7203848172_86af2aa847_b.jpg

Just a thought, but that might be a fairly easy DIY job to reduce the handle size... pm sent.

Ive got a 270mm konosuke fujiyama with ebony handle

Sweet knife...tweeking the handle sounds like the plan...

Don't rehandle, that's a beautiful handle. Maybe if you don't get an offer sell it and get something you really want.

Yeah. Sand down that handle. As for a trade, IT's have fairly pronounced bellies for a Japanese knife. The only ones I can think of that have more belly are TKC, Shun, Kanetusgu Pro J...

That's the main reason I want to make a trade -- the handle *is* really nice, it's just not to my taste. I've received a number of fair offers that I'm milling through now, but I think I should be able to work something out that ends up with everyone happy. :knife:

Latest posts

Back