Stayed home for Diablo?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score
So tell me... Did any of you stay home to play Diablo today? The IT/Web manager is itching to go home and play. LOL :D

Too nice and sunny out for videogames, but a good friend of mine has been trying to play since midnight and was just able to connect about 10 minutes ago. I guess Battle.net got humped something fierce. Lol.

I'm starting to like you more and more..
Knives, star wars-quotes and gaming.. i applaud you

I've heard it's bugged out completely. And the pressure is so hard that it's basically unplayable. Everyone wants to get in.

I kinda expected this and haven't bought it yet. Going to try and resist as long as i can.. really shouldn't spend more money this month with graduation coming right up

Too nice and sunny out for videogames, but a good friend of mine has been trying to play since midnight and was just able to connect about 10 minutes ago. I guess Battle.net got humped something fierce. Lol.

LOL oh my goodness... Yea I'm sure they are. My friend works for battle.net so I'm sure I'm going to hear some ranting from her too. LOL

I'm waiting for HP to send me my laptop :sad0:

I was in beta for it so not such a big push for me. I also get it free so, so again not such a big deal. It is fun. Battle.net always has the "flood gates" problem on launch day.

Not me! I had last night and tonight off, so I was busy in the shop making metal dust, burning my fingers and making lots of wood dust! Came out of the shop yesterday with green hair from grinding down a green handle! I used to play video games when I was in college (Counter Strike anyone??), but my computer is old, so I don't do much with games anymore. Most of my extra money goes into knives, handle material or fishing gear!

Sounds like great fun. And that is cool Crothcipt.
I am waiting for next infinity blade for my iPad. Hopefully over time better RPGs for it.

I didn't really follow much of the development news for the game because I thought that I'd be happier just having it's release be a nice surprise than having to do a countdown and, and have the release delayed another year and then another count down...

So how is it? Is it awesome? Did they change it into an MMROG like everything else? I don't have much time for the 2 games that I still play (Counter-Strike: Source, and Left for Dead 2), so I don't think that I could fit another game in that takes lots of hours of online time to be any good, but I would enjoy a good ol' single player or co-op style hack n' slash click n' kill that didnt require the same level of dedication as a W.O.W.

Missed the mailman... Heard that the Koreans have already killed Diablo?!?

I'm starting to like you more and more..
Knives, star wars-quotes and gaming.. i applaud you

I've heard it's bugged out completely. And the pressure is so hard that it's basically unplayable. Everyone wants to get in.

I kinda expected this and haven't bought it yet. Going to try and resist as long as i can.. really shouldn't spend more money this month with graduation coming right up

I am just a mere nerd. :)

Yea, I'm sure battle.net is getting bombarded. This explains why people are still talking to me though. LOL

I hear you. I didn't buy it either, I'm going to see everyone's reaction to it first. Congratulations on almost graduating by the way! Final stretch, you can make it! :D

I was in beta for it so not such a big push for me. I also get it free so, so again not such a big deal. It is fun. Battle.net always has the "flood gates" problem on launch day.
i have not followed the D3, are they going to have PvP similar to D2?

I didn't do any pvp or look at it. I only had time for about a couple of weeks. At that time pvp wasn't a option. I'm sure they didn't do much on the changes.

I haven't bought it yet, though I've probably seen the box pass through my hands more times than I'd like to admit. I'll wait a couple of weeks before I check it out. My money is promised to some other projects at this time, so maybe next paycheck.

ya that can be a pain in quite a few places. But there was some controversy about changing that. I don't like it myself.

I was in the beta, and honestly wasn't all that thrilled. However, I think I've become a gaming geezer....I haven't been excited by a launch since EQ2.

Not me! I had last night and tonight off, so I was busy in the shop making metal dust, burning my fingers and making lots of wood dust! Came out of the shop yesterday with green hair from grinding down a green handle! I used to play video games when I was in college (Counter Strike anyone??), but my computer is old, so I don't do much with games anymore. Most of my extra money goes into knives, handle material or fishing gear!

+1 to all of the above. Used to play CS before it switched from 1.6 to source. Coded a hack or two too. Used to be into programming( mostly C++ ).

lol I'm old enough to remember when C didn't have a + yet.

We had our own clan for CS and would do the online gaming. All 3 of my roommates and I would get on and play. We would yell back and forth in the rooms to each other and we would rack up stupid kill rates because we would just yell to each other if we saw someone coming in for an ambush or something. The other guys never figured out how we knew to run or turn around and shoot at the right time! I still play the offline version occasionally. Helps with the hand/eye coordination for when I go shooting for real. One of the guys who taught me to shoot competed in the Bianchi Cup and took 14th in the plate event at the Championships several years ago. His doctor told him to play first person shooter games to help the hand/eye coordination and told him that he had some of the worst hand/eye coordination that he had seen! The games were actually helping him out! I used to do IDPA and NRA Bullseye, but working 3rd shift has put a damper on that.

Neh. Put in a few hours during the open beta and find that the game isn't really calling out to me to dive in. I'll try it out eventually, but I'm not comping at the bit to get at it.

I can't believe you haven't had any more marriage proposals yet!
Wait, what Star Wars quotes did I miss out on?

I just don't want it to look like i haven't thought about it really hard. A guy has to show some class, you know

I can't believe you haven't had any more marriage proposals yet!
Wait, what Star Wars quotes did I miss out on?

You're too kind. I'm so flattered, I have no words.
The star wars quote wasn't a big deal, I just happened to remember it. LOL

You're too kind. I'm so flattered, I have no words.
The star wars quote wasn't a big deal, I just happened to remember it. LOL

The real test is if you can tell us if Han shot first. :)

So my friends have used peer-pressure to get me into playing D3. Who all is playing it right now? Are the servers still crashing?

My first computer class had just got rid of the punch card comp. right before I took the class. They got appleIIe's instead. Never got to see a punch card comp.

Back