Press funding sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Davis

Reaction score
Ok, so i have the opprotunity to buy a press and i need to come up with some funds. I have 6 blocks of really nice ironwood burl, all at 1.125 x 1.70x 4.6 inches. Had to remove the wax so they are sanded to 80 grit right now. This is some of the same stuff that Randy had, very solid with no checks. If needed i can get better close up pictures.
$75 each.
2012-05-15_16-02-51_514.jpg

2012-05-15_16-02-56_490.jpg

Next is musk ox horn tip. This stuff will look similar to honey horn with more transparency. Both pieces are big enough for ferrules at around 31-32mm tall
$35 each
2012-05-15_16-05-54_501.jpg

Next are hippo tusk ivory ferrule blocks. They are around 40mm tall and 1 1/8th in diameter at the smallest.
$70 each
2012-05-15_16-04-36_537.jpg

Next is a chunk of oosic. (walrus penis bone ivory) 4.5 inches long. Big end is 1x1.125 tapering to 20x23mm at the small end.
$100
2012-05-15_16-08-58_424.jpg

Later when I get home from work i will be listing a few ferrule pieces of musk ox horn. If you are interested in something, please post in thread and all payments will be made to Randy Haas, (saves me being middle man lol)
Thanks for looking.

Mike i will take that blocky shaped piece of Musk ox. I am still shoppng will add more to my cart in a few

I'd like to get some of this stuff for spacers, if possible. I don't really want ferrule-sized chunks. If that's cool, pm me. Thanks in advance. :)

Mike, you got it. TK i sent you a pm with a list of spacer stuff i have. I will get pics of the musk ox up here in just a sec, i have to get good pics.

Thanks guys :)

Ok here is the musk ox. Dimensions are written below each piece, but i will add dimensions to each. Each piece should be plenty big enough for a ferrule and a spacer, maybe even a matching buttcap.
A: 36.7mm tall x32.9mm x 27.05
B: 46.5 tall x 25-25 x 31-34
C: 43mm tall x 32.7 x 29

There are a few minor surface inclusions, but none that will affect the useable material.
Price is $100 per block
P1030900.jpg

P1030898.jpg

Ok i got a better pic of the ironwood. This stuff is top notch ironwood. These blocks can make a wa or i can even cut them into scales. I will drop the ironwood down to $70 a block shipped.
2012-05-17_10-01-31_611.jpg

Also i have some awesome locust burl blocks. This stiff is pretty hard, needs to be worked with fresh belts or it will burn. These blocks are pretty hefty. Price is $40 each
2012-05-17_10-38-07_879.jpg

Also, if anyone buys anything, please paypal it as a gift, so i do not have to pay extra in fees lol.

2 pieces of ironwood gone. I also brought home my camera from work, so i will hopefully have some decent pictures of everything for you guys. I will retake the musk ox pics, so you guys can see the pieces better.

Musk ox block B is gone also, thanks KKF!!! You guys rock :D

Are the hippo tusk ivory ferrule blocks still hippo tusks because they look too big to be one.

Crap, I am sitting here, waiting for the tow truck, better not spend money on oosik right now. Wish I could...

Stefan

Oops, shows you my state of mind these days...

Stefan

It would be good to know if any of this stuff is still available for sale. Oh Mike!

Crap, I am sitting here, waiting for the tow truck, better not spend money on oosik right now. Wish I could...

Stefan

I wonder what you are to do or can do with the the walrus "heavenly jade stem"?can only pre suppose a sexy outcome..

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.. btw,

The baculum (also penis bone, penile bone or os penis) is a bone found in the penis of most placental mammals. It is absent in humans, but present in other primates, such as the gorilla and chimpanzee. The bone aids sexual intercourse by maintaining sufficient stiffness during sexual penetration.

this i didnt know ; we all learn new things every day. Were we forsaken or are we blessed?
have fun..
rgds
d

Back