Thread: Kramer line of stones

Kramer line of stones

thoughts.
    http://www.surlatable.com/category/c...&pCat=CAT-5781

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

They better be really good for how much they cost. They also look like they are only 1cm thick.

I am reminded of Julia's remark that she got her steel at the hardware store for 2 dollars. The Kramer steel is 200 dollars.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

++++ 1
    i OWE Spike a beer for that statement .
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    I am reminded of Julia's remark that she got her steel at the hardware store for 2 dollars. The Kramer steel is 200 dollars.
    But they are Bob Kramer endorsed! That has to mean they are the absolute best in the world right?

Look like half-baked Shapton Glass Stones.

(But it looks like these ones might be predominantly SiC at the lower end of the scale. If done right, good! If done wrong, disaster! Just try a GS #120 to see 'wrong'...)

I'm sure they're nice, and I'm sure they work but they cost a heap but if I was going to copy sharpening stones and stick my name on them, I'd avoid making them look anything like Glass Stones.

Then again, I'd rather have my left ankle nailed to my forehead with a railway spike than willingly use Glass Stones, so that might taint my opinion...

Even so, they look like they're costing about the same as comparable stones of normal composition, that are well known and have a well respected pedigree.

Like I said, they probably work ok (if you're into sharpening on abrasive filled plastic) but they're not going to be bringing anything new, special or wonderful to the table no matter who's name is on them.

No thanks.

Stu.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    They better be really good for how much they cost. They also look like they are only 1cm thick.

I believe that the stones are made by the same maker of Chosera stones ( ceramic + resin bond) but the .. diamond + resin bond version. its on a plate..

harder than the chosera stones and cost more.

rgds
    ]d

Quote Originally Posted by steeley View Post
    ++++ 1
    i OWE Spike a beer for that statement .
    I'll have Green Flash Flash Double Stout, thankyewveddymuch!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Ah man I think I am liking the cool aid.

I am no expert in any means, but the cost of those compared to some stones (man made, and natural) it can look like a good deal.

I wouldn't mind trying one, just to see how they really are. I try to have a open mind about many things, and it slowly closes with more promotion.

The Kramer line also includes a less flashy, less advertised ceramic rod @ $60ish....but even thats overpriced when one can obtain a proven black Mac for less.....

The stropping kit doesn't look half bad...
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com