Kramer line of stones

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steeley

GoogleFu San
Founding Member
Reaction score
thoughts.
http://www.surlatable.com/category/cat870493/Bob-Kramer-Sharpening?cleanSession=true&pCat=CAT-5781

kramer.jpg
[/IMG]

s.jpg
[/IMG]

They better be really good for how much they cost. They also look like they are only 1cm thick.

I am reminded of Julia's remark that she got her steel at the hardware store for 2 dollars. The Kramer steel is 200 dollars.

:beer: ++++ 1
i OWE Spike a beer for that statement .

Look like half-baked Shapton Glass Stones.

(But it looks like these ones might be predominantly SiC at the lower end of the scale. If done right, good! If done wrong, disaster! Just try a GS #120 to see 'wrong'...)

I'm sure they're nice, and I'm sure they work but they cost a heap but if I was going to copy sharpening stones and stick my name on them, I'd avoid making them look anything like Glass Stones.

Then again, I'd rather have my left ankle nailed to my forehead with a railway spike than willingly use Glass Stones, so that might taint my opinion...

Even so, they look like they're costing about the same as comparable stones of normal composition, that are well known and have a well respected pedigree.

Like I said, they probably work ok (if you're into sharpening on abrasive filled plastic) but they're not going to be bringing anything new, special or wonderful to the table no matter who's name is on them.

No thanks.

Stu.

They better be really good for how much they cost. They also look like they are only 1cm thick.

I believe that the stones are made by the same maker of Chosera stones ( ceramic + resin bond) but the .. diamond + resin bond version. its on a plate..

harder than the chosera stones and cost more.

rgds
]d

Ah man I think I am liking the cool aid.:justkidding:

I am no expert in any means, but the cost of those compared to some stones (man made, and natural) it can look like a good deal.

I wouldn't mind trying one, just to see how they really are. I try to have a open mind about many things, and it slowly closes with more promotion.

The Kramer line also includes a less flashy, less advertised ceramic rod @ $60ish....but even thats overpriced when one can obtain a proven black Mac for less.....

The stropping kit doesn't look half bad...

here you go spike come to San Diego sometime and go to the brewery .

d_stout.jpg
[/IMG]

Yummmm- I have a glass of it next to my BGE Nicoise salad right now!

I kind of like that bamboo sink bridge.

I agree. I went to the Vegas Sur La Table store to check it out and they didn't have any of the individual stones or that bamboo bridge. Instead, they only sold the complete kit which I wasn't about to purchase.

Individual pieces seem to be available through the website, however.

Still not sure if I'm buying it anytime soon.

Latest posts

Back