Shop Views

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Still Plays With Blocks
Reaction score
In another thread I told Stephan I would like to see more views of his shop, then someone asked to see some photos of mine. I am happy and humbled to oblige.
DSC_0112.jpg
This is the left side of the shop. I have 4500 sq ft but only use 2500 and the area behind the plastic is unused so I walled it off to save the heat.

DSC_0113.jpg
This looking back to where I was in the previous photo. The new dust collector and cyclone is waiting for installation when the wall mount shows and additional duct collection fittings finally arrive.

DSC_0114.jpg
This is looking back to the front of the shop on the right side.

DSC_0115.jpg
This is looking back to where I was in the previous photo.

DSC_0116.jpg
The shelves where I store the sanded boards are ready for final sanding and oiling.

DSC_0118.jpg
This is the glue area. I don't have enough clamps and always run out at the worst times.

DSC_0117.jpg
Miss Maple in her favorite spot, on her bath mat next to the office door.

Dang David, your old shop was like one little corner of this place! That's an awesome workspace!!! :)

Dave - the old shop was so very cramped and this one is so roomy, I almost get lost in here. But sadly, it is filling up quickly and I may have to open up the other area for lumber storage and some other uses I have planned for the future.

Stephan - the clamps are essential as you well know. If I had 30 more I would still run out so I have to plan the glue ups ahead of time. I will add more as time and money permit but at $30 each they aren't cheap. The investment in tools here is staggering when I start adding it up. And I still have need for more, like a wide belt sander at about $16000.

Do you race stock cars on the weekend? Can't help but notice that nose sticking out in a couple of pics.

Do you race stock cars on the weekend? Can't help but notice that nose sticking out in a couple of pics.

I don't race, did at one time though, off road 4 wheel drive events. I rent out 1500 sq ft to a race shop to store some of their more notable wrecks. There are 6 more Nationwide series cars behind the plastic curtain. The one with the nose sticking out wasn't able to be covered by the plastic because of a roll-up door behind it.

Wow, you can wear out your shoes in a place like that.

I love your dust management system.

Back