City Meals on Wheels Charity Event: 27th Annual Chef's Tribute

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score
27th Annual Chefs' Tribute
Knives! Camera! Action! Star Chefs Salute the Silver Screen
for the Benefit of Citymeals-on-Wheels
"Citymeals is one of the largest meals-on-wheels programs in the U.S., providing 1.8 million meals to over 16,500 elderly New Yorkers each year. In addition to nutritionally balanced senior meals, our devoted staff and volunteers also deliver vital human companionship."
Korin donates or holds many charity events per year through Korin directly or the Gohan Society. One of our favorite annual charity events is the Annual Chef's Tribute. We cannot applaud all of the volunteer chefs and the philanthropic benefactors enough to come together every year for the past 27 years to do this charity event for the lonely elderly in the city. If you have the opportunity to attend, the event will held at Rockefeller Center to kick off the summer. Admittedly a ticket is very expensive, but it is for a wonderful cause and you will be served delicious foods from some of the top chefs in NYC. This year Korin will be donating 80 knives to the event for volunteer chefs!

:yatta:WHEW. 37 knives wrapped, 43 knives to go! WHOOOO!! :doublethumbsup:
Wrapped knives look like gold nuggets with a ribbon. LOL​

For more information regarding the charity event: http://www.citymeals.org/events-and-news/27th-annual-chefs-tribute-knives-camera-action

That is really cool. First time I regretted living in California at the beach.

Wonder what it would take to volunteer? What knives are you giving away? (for those not in nyc.)

Wonder what it would take to volunteer? What knives are you giving away? (for those not in nyc.)

I have no idea, I think you would have to already be a volunteer at City Meals on Wheels and they decide from there. I poked around the website, but there isn't information regarding volunteer at that event. We're giving them 80 Togiharu Inox 210mm chef knives. (this one: http://korin.com/Togiharu-Inox-Steel-Gyutou)

149775_10150798603114304_19659469303_231104922_1852440689_n.jpg
Thats the knife we're giving away, but it's the one in the picture is the one I have at home. It's my favorite knife, I've been using that one for 5 years. It's really light without feeling flimsy, good edge retention, low maintenance, and just a good practical knife. :)

That's very cool of you guys!!! Kudos!

That is indeed extremely generous, 80 knives for a good cause.

Can't attend.. of course. I'll be in Sweden, as usual, chasing polar-bears off the streets back to the wild so they stop flipping trashcans and occupy busstops..

Wow those polar bears are always doing that. You would think they would have learned by now.

Great knife for the volunteers. Way to give to the ones that are giving.

Wow those polar bears are always doing that. You would think they would have learned by now.

Great knife for the volunteers. Way to give to the ones that are giving.

Yeah, it's spring for gods sake.

polar-bear-slipping-on-ice.jpg

Polar bear running from Candle :)

Geez, you chase Polar Bears from knocking over trash cans, I get to chase college kids doing the same....

That is really awesome! Kudo's to you guys for doing such a wonderful thing!

Back