Quantcast
FS: A freebie (with shipping.) - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FS: A freebie (with shipping.)

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    I'd like it! But I say send it to Mr Gray. I'll bet the mug you get in return is cool.
    He does make some great stuff and is generous with his off knife topic knowledge to boot.

I would like to see Tom get it too, think I would make him include a couple pizza's in the deal also

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    +1, trade with Tom. He makes some good stuff!

Ill take it, I got some crazy plans for that knife.

You have 3 people interested in this knife, who is getting it? Tom answered first, so I am assuming he will get it?

Hey guys! Sasha's mug is en route to NYC. I will do a WIP on it, and have some great Mark Farley woods to choose from.
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

Very cool. Can't wait to see the WIP, and I'd like to see a picture of the mug too.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

I'll have photos of the mug on Monday or Tuesday! Thanks Tom!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5-21-12sashaschefbrokentip.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	7341
    Here's a pics of Sasha's knife when it came in this morning. It wasn't in bad shape, just needed a little tune-up.

Name:	5-21-12newprofile.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	7342
    I drew in a new profile to compensate for the broken tip, ground it to shape, sharpened it on the disk grinder, cleaned up the blade sides on a scotch-brite belt then polished the edge on the buffer loaded with chrome oxide.

Name:	5-21-12sashaschefpolished.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	7343
    Here's what I have so far. I also buffed the handle with alumina oxide on a soft buffing wheel, and am still thinking about what wood from Mark Farley would work with this. More to come..............
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

Amazing! That was fast, Tom! I received a lovely mug from Tom today, as well... I'll shoot some better photos in daylight, tomorrow, but I'm totally happy. I do love a good trade!