Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: does size really matter

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    If I had a 210 and a 240 I'd lend them to you so you could see the difference but I sold my last 210 two weeks ago.

I could lend you a 240 so you could find out what one is like. PM me if you are interested.

Rick
    If you take him up on this pm me so I can lend you a 210mm gyuto at the same time.

You guys are awesome......

You could do that. Or if you want to put up your general geographical location, you can probably meet up with someone and check out a bunch of stuff. There are some get togethers happening this summer. I believe one in TX, PA and SoCal.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    Jon has to sleep once in awhile; JKI is closed on Thursdays.
    Jon doesn't sleep, although the store is closed on Thursdays. I'd wait and talk to Jon. You never know: he might have spent the day picking up exactly what you want.

Thanks everyone for the guidance. If Jon says the Gesshin Ginga will be out of stock for a while then i'm going to choose between a Takayuki Grand Chef WA-Gyuto 240 or a Sakai Yusuke Swedish Stainless Steel 240. Thanks Pensacola Tiger and Deckhand for the offers, this is why I'm going to be a permanent fixture here and educate myself so I can offer the same great advice that I was give

The bigger the better, until you hit 300mm...

Oh, check out the konosuke HD or konosuke swedish stainless high hardness

DaveRossy, if you're in Canada, pm me. I have both sizes and then some.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Sorry..I'm in North carolina. Just spoke to Jon (what a nice guy). he said the GG should be in stock in a couple of weeks but gave me some other suggestions. Trying to make a decision if I should wait or go with one of his recomendations

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRossy View Post
    Sorry..I'm in North carolina. Just spoke to Jon (what a nice guy). he said the GG should be in stock in a couple of weeks but gave me some other suggestions. Trying to make a decision if I should wait or go with one of his recomendations
    Ah the mental torture