1. I dont know what do you mean by "most home cooks" but those I know cannot do even 20 percent of what they do with a paring knife. Not mentioning the higher risks of cutting yourself if you even tried. Or the lack of any forward/backward motion when cutting through wide things.
Or you mean those who open bags and packs?
2. Single large meal? TK, really? But maybe I dont know what refined edge is. What refined means?
3. I am sorry Im just stupid. Thats the reason. I cannot comprehend how home cook [who can do most of the tasks with a paring knife] benefits from 3 more cm of a edge to use.
[He also never used that kinda edge before cause he only got paring knife]
4. You should generally stop giving other people advice based on your own preference.
5. I guess I lack skill anyways, If I do my home cooking with short knife. Lol.
I guess it doesnt matter what size board I have, how much produce I cut, how nice job am I doing, do I like prep or not, what am I cutting, and so on.
Yeah, haha, how simple was that. I just have to work my skill!