For sale: 190 mm Nakiri

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierreRodrigue

Reaction score
The specs...
Alabama Damascus consisting of (4) layers 5160, (3) layers 203E, (3) layers 52100, (3) layers 15N20 folded 5 times for 416 layers.
At HRC 59-60

Edge 192 mm (7.56")
Height 55 mm (2.17")
Spine = 2.4mm (0.094") mid blade = 1.38 mm (0.054") 1 cm from tip = 1 mm (0.039")

Handle 148 mm (5.83") long X 16.5 mm (.65") wide X 22.5 mm (.86") high at ferrule and 21 mm (.83") wide X 25 mm (.98") high at the butt.

Handle is Desert Ironwood ferrule, white fiber and Western Plains buffalo horn spacers, And some of Marks (Burl Source) stabilized Sycamore

Knife balances 1 cm in front of the heel.

Price $550 plus shipping.

EDIT: Oh yeah, spine and choil rounded.

IMG_4334.jpgIMG_4335.jpg
IMG_4340.jpgIMG_4343.jpg
IMG_4338.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4344.jpg
    IMG_4344.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 181
Wow,that was a beautiful knife. Wow,that was a fast sale!!!

:dazed::running::detective::dontknow:what happened? I came running,i looked, i saw and then the room started spinning and I got a little faint:IMOK:

I am in awe. That is sweeeeeet. And a great price. gratz to the owner if it wasn't linecooked. Gratz linecooked if you got it.

Very nice knife! Congrats on the quick sale. If only I had better timing and more money :D.

Very nice work, Pierre.

I have seen Alabama Damascus on eBay, and wondered what knives made from it would look like.

Congrats to Line Cooked. Your first knife from Pierre? It won't be the last.

Rick

Wow, very cool knife -- and it sold as quick as a DT knife, which is really saying something! Very nice work, Pierre!

And great score, Line Cooked!

I have absolutely no use for a nakiri, but I would have bought this one without even thinking about it. What a beauty.

Hi everybody, I'm happy you liked it! It was my first, and expect not the last. Thanks again for the comments. Helps keep a guy going!

Yep this is the reason people are addicted to this forum and keep hitting refresh
:bigeek::biggrin:

My first Pierre and my first Nakiri:doublethumbsup: ......saw it and caved... I am very excited to have this one

Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats to both of you!
That is something special.

I can't wait till our craftsmen-members here start making single-bevels. Pierre, your nakiri is beautiful. The profile is flatter than most that I've seen -- I would love to play with this.

Here is a little video to show the shimmer on this damascus, as well allow you to see the grinds and tapers...

[video=youtube_share;FvyrUvn0jvQ]http://youtu.be/FvyrUvn0jvQ[/video]

Wow, that video really shows off the knife, I love how the pattern is unique to each side and how well the wood of the handle matches the knife. A stellar piece of work.

That handle is great Pierre. It must be very hard to match the 2 woods and the horn without them looking the same but you have managed it, and the liners sort of break it up. One of the best handles I've ever seen. I like how all your handles are totally different

That video was nice to show off what the knife is all about. Am I the only one who kept turning my iPhone in an attempt to move the blade to the angle I was impatiently awaiting. I caught myself doing so and felt like a 4 year old playing a video game....

Here is a little video to show the shimmer on this damascus, as well allow you to see the grinds and tapers...

[video=youtube_share;FvyrUvn0jvQ]http://youtu.be/FvyrUvn0jvQ[/video]

Soooo... You got abducted by aliens, escaped, and brought that back with you right? C'mon fess up!

Haha, you're in for a treat. Half the fun of buying a Pierre knife is watching it go through Canada Post and U.S. Customs. It's like... sipping scotch and watching cookies bake, while getting a backrub from Scarlett Johansson.

EXCEPT THE OPPOSITE.

Hahahaha! You had me going for a bit! I was going to order one of my own knives just to get the scotch and back rub!!

Pierre,

That damascus is absolutely sick, the contrast really is mind-blowing. You never cease to amaze me!

Latest posts

Back