Quantcast
What is your go to knife: And what is your favorite one - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What is your go to knife: And what is your favorite one

Right now for me it would have to be my 210 ealy no task is to big or small for it. Gets scary sharp and stays that way for a while. Right behind that I would say my fujiyama konosuke nakiri 180mm. I just love how this knife seem to fall through veggies and a very close third would have to be my 150 mm konosuke petty in white #1. Everyone at works joke that it's my scalpel.

There are some kick-ass knives in this thread.

I like how Rick qualified it by saying "this month". I tend to do that. I use a variety of knives through out the week, but I tend to focus on one or two knives a month. This month it is my new Tsourkan and last month it was my Ealy 270.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Quote Originally Posted by mhlee View Post
    Smart ass.

Attachment 7219
    How about a better pic so we can see tk's work.

Quote Originally Posted by RRLOVER View Post
    How about a better pic so we can see tk's work.
    I didn't do anything to it other than sharpen it, really but a better pick would be nice.

Butch Harner nakiri is certainly my most used, followed by a Kono HD 150 petty. Favorite would be a toss up between the Harner and my DT 52100 gyuto.

Engorged Member
    I have a DT ITK 240mm gyuto that DT did a rework on. I've been using that and an Ealy O1 gyuto. I moved and can't fing the trusty TKC.

Depends on the task as well but for general prep it's the 240mm Ironwood Tanaka. Love, love, love that knife lately since I thinned a bit behind the edge and refinished her. For fish it's my Konosuke 270mm mioroshi deba hands down. That is until I get the Gesshin Hide deba perhaps. In a couple of months who knows? I plan to get a Martell wa-gyuto and hopefully one of Marko's beauts soon too!

So many knives so little money...
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

My go-to is 225mm (on the edge) gyuto. For small tasks, I use 180mm and when I am doing a lot of prep work, I take out 255mm (on the edge).

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I'd say my go to at the moment is probably my 240 TC gyuto. Solid knife, don't need to baby it and versatile enough for pretty much any job at work. Was unsure about it at first, but the "burr issues" seem to have stopped and I'm loving it now.

Favorite? That changes, but I've recently falling in love with my Sabatiers again, so probably either my 10" carbon chefs or 5" carbon boning knife. They just feel great in my hands, very nimble.

Cheers,
    Josh

+ Reply to Thread