Now that I am starting to get some good kitchen knives, I figured I needed a magnetic knife rack.
Let me preface this with the comment that this was not preplanned. I just winged it as I went along.
As I was putting this together I remembered a lot of things I had forgotten as well as thought of different ways to do things better next time.
1st I took a slab of maple burl and drew an arc to help with the magnet placement.
Then I drew a circle around the magnets and colored in the ones where the magnets would go. This gave me a better idea what it would look like and kept me from drilling in the wrong place.
Now I drilled the wholes.
I found out when glueing them into place, I needed to give some space between the ones I glued.
1st try I was doing one magnet next to the other and one pulled the other out of the hole next to it and they stuck together.
Now they are all glued in place.
Now the excess glue and the lines sanded away.