• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Suien VC Cleaver

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalaeb

Banned
Reaction score
I am selling my Suien cleaver. Great knife, had it about 3 or 4 months to get a feel for a full size cleaver and have now decided to get something a little more custom.

It has been re-handled with spalted maple.

Blade length is 220, height is 110.

The knife has a great patina starting, but I can remove it if the buyer chooses. (just going to take a few more days to ship if I have to remove the patina)

Comes with original box. The knife is in used condition, it is a big beautiful workhorse.

IMG_1891.jpg

Blade closeup
IMG_1893.jpg

Handle closeup
IMG_1892.jpg

Reverse side

IMG_1890.jpg

Asking 150.00, shipped free to CONUS.

PM with any questions,
Thank you for looking, Matt

Sold! Thanks for looking.

Man, I am kind of getting sellers remorse as I get this packaged up. I hate it when that happens.

The handle is mine with Burl Source splated maple.

Dang. I'd have been all over this if I'd seen it earlier. $150 is like giving it away. Great deal.

I was gonna ask about that...is that an optical illusion, re-profiled, or does a stock VC really have that much curvature?

Correct, the profile is the stock profile, Suiens do have some belly, but I have found I liked the way it performed. I have used a Moritaka flat cleaver before and hated it.

For me a 2 mm raise from mid point to tip and mid point to butt suits me pretty good. The Suien is a little more than that, but I still found it a good knife.

Back