Some women buy shoes when they're in a mood...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucretia

Reaction score
I think this is more fun:

P1070766.jpg

don't they come in pairs.
so do tell about your new shoe.

would love to buy a mismatched pair (small and large) one too.

Nice. :thumbsup: Now I need to figure out how to get my wife there...

I think you and I have the same taste. I just got one of those a few weeks ago (after waiting 8 months). Though it is off getting some new shoes itself :D!!

Yeah, I think this one will need some new shoes. I had to get something to use that Burlsource wood on, don't you know!

It's a little 5" Shigefusa ajikiri. Cute as the dickens.

Yeah, I think this one will need some new shoes. I had to get something to use that Burlsource wood on, don't you know!

Aikiris are my favorite from all debas.

M

Very nice new knife :) I think you'll find it fun to use :)

It's really hard to tell from the picture, but is it also kitaeji?
Great looking knife.

Careful posting like the will find you many marriage proposals on KKF! Beautiful knife I love shiges thinking about ordering a couple more. If I did not have a 300mm deba I might try for one of those but I still need a Usuba and maybe a 270 gyuto first.

I hate to argue with an expert like Dr. Naka but my kasumi yangi has the regular three characters associated with Shigefusa, and it is undoubtably single bevel. I do believe I have seen some shigefusa's with four but that could be a mistake. Looking back the one in this post has four or and I mistaken and the first is not a kanji?

attachment.php

This one has three.

重房作 "Shigwefusa Saku" "Made by Shigefusa"

ps. I don't read japanese, just cut 'n paste.

Can you post yours?

Just FYI, in this post, Dr. Naka explained that for single bevel knives, kitaeji knives use three kanji characters, while kasumi knives use two.

Thanks for the link. I had never realized that before. It also does look like it's kitaeji, which is pretty cool. Nice grab, Lucretia.

Back