Quantcast
What┤s down your pipe? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What┤s down your pipe?

For 2012, I've got a Marko that will hopefully be in the works soon. Then hopefully later this year, a collaboration between Devin, Dave, and Stefan. I'm sure I'll break down and make a few other purchases in that time though. Then 2013 will be the year of the Burke!

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    I have a 200mm funayuki-inspired S35VN "tomato knife" coming from Pierre, and a 7.6 sun Carter HG funayuki "in the works" for sometime this summer. After that, I see myself bending Marko's ear for a carbon suji, but probably not until the end of the year. Too many other financial obligations.

I've got a few in the pipe, but we ill have to keep them under wraps for now. evil sneer.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I got a HHH 1 mil layer suji coming in the next few months. Cant wait!!! No pictures yet other than the WIP he has. Cant wait for updates.

Burke, Devin, Pierre, Broadwell...... lets go guys, pappa needs some steel

I'm waiting for 240mm gyuto ground by a bald man on the other side of the earth, that's it for now...
    -"we're gonna make gluten free lasagna"

Well I f*cked up my promise for 2012 for second time this year

Looks like a 160 DT Feather Guyto with a masterpiece of musk ox wa handle is gonna be made Unsure about the ferrule on this one.
    But this time I really mean no more new knives, after this one...

Sounds like a sweet knife Oivind! Seeing some of your previous commissioned work I know you have great taste can't wait to see the final product. For me I'm looking to add some shiges to my line up, a Usuba and maybe a 270mm gyuto and a suji from Marko. Also gonna try and get marko to rehandle my current shiges: 180mm gyuto, 240mm gyuto, 300 mm yangi (redwood handle maybe a spacer or endcap of ivory from sons generous giveaway and a black horn ferrule in marko's new D handle). But to do that I need to have my knives in front of me and they are currently 1,000 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by oivind_dahle View Post
    Well I f*cked up my promise for 2012 for second time this year

Looks like a 160 DT Feather Guyto with a masterpiece of musk ox wa handle is gonna be made Unsure about the ferrule on this one.
    But this time I really mean no more new knives, after this one...
    No will power, like the rest of us.

Here's a teaser, ěivind:

Exactly what i'm holding out for. I'm just so impressed with Will's builds, not that the other US guys aren't making museum quality pieces too, just something about that feather damascus make me say wow every time I see it. I'm leaning toward one of those Ninja knives he makes. Want something longish that can slice and prep. Will and I have already had some initial discussions. My bank account is trembling.