Quantcast
What┤s down your pipe? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What┤s down your pipe?

HHH 1095 240mm K tip and 7.5-8" 1095 Nakiri blank (may be done in a week or so!!), 300mm White #2 Gesshin Ginga Was Sujihiki from JKI, possibly a HHH 210mm Feather gyuto

Thanks for the pic Rick.
    Gotta love that feather

I see a trend in KFF members choosing american makers over japanese makers....
    how come?

much more awesomer
    Perhaps because it's easier (and takes less time) to get a full-custom from American/Canadian craftsmen than from the few still making them in Japan?
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by oivind_dahle View Post
    Thanks for the pic Rick.
    Gotta love that feather

I see a trend in KFF members choosing american makers over japanese makers....
    how come?
    This forum, maybe...
    2013: Gengetsu, another Rottman custom, something from Dave and hopefully something from Randy. Then in 2013 I have to get a Devin custom.

Its an American forum and I detect a certain partisan feel which I guess is no bad thing. I yearn for great British made knives for example as a Brit but alas have very little choice. I have no other affiliation to particular makers but must admit am more attracted to Japanese knives over those made in the US I love the traditional aspect and am attracted more by function and a knife that tells a story and love for example kurouchi and forging marks/hammering etc... over prettty shapes/patterns that are neither functional or for me particularly attractive.