Quantcast
Change "FS" to "SOLD" in B/S/T?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Change "FS" to "SOLD" in B/S/T?

much more awesomer

Change "FS" to "SOLD" in B/S/T?

Is there a way to make sure the OPs -- or if possible, the mods of B/S/T -- edit topic titles in B/S/T once an item is no longer available? I realize a lot of people only casually visit in their spare time, but it would be a bit of a time-saver if OPs or mods change "FS" or "FT" to "SOLD" or "TRADED" once an item is no longer available. Maybe even an added guideline for use of the B/S/T telling OPs to modify the thread title once that is the case. Thanks for listening.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

Hi Francesco, I forwarded this to the mod team.

Thanks for your input

Another forum I use allows the thread author to close the thread after the sale is done, through edit of the original post. Makes it pretty easy to tell what sales are still active, as long as everyone remembers to close their threads.

I've had the same thought....Thanks!
    I cook at home, and I'm a girl :)

OK after some debate and looking into this we've decided that the only decent option we have is to leave it as is but to ask that the sellers come back to the thread to state SOLD when appropriate. We realize that this isn't the best way to handle this but its the best way that we can offer given the limited controls we have through the forum software.

much more awesomer
    Sorry for the bump -- I was on vacation with no internet when Dave posted and just came across it.

I understand the reasoning; thanks for looking into it. I've been lucky with my timing that has resulted in one or two "SOLD" posts benefiting me recently, so maybe I'm less jealous now when I read a great B/S/T deal too late. LMAO!
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

+ Reply to Thread