Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: The drug, I mean knife dealer.

  1. #1
    Senior Member mattrud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    556

    The drug, I mean knife dealer.

    Whenever one of my cooks need a knife they usually come ask me what to do blah blah blah. So I give them some advice and usually finish by writing down Jons number on some printer paper and say "Call this number, ask for Jon, tell him you work for me and he will take care of you."

    Jon expect another call soon.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Crothcipt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Posts
    3,484


    I hope you are getting a finders fee.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    mr drinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,387
    Quote Originally Posted by mattrud View Post
    Whenever one of my cooks need a knife they usually come ask me what to do blah blah blah. So I give them some advice and usually finish by writing down Jons number on some printer paper and say "Call this number, ask for Jon, tell him you work for me and he will take care of you."

    Jon expect another call soon.
    Do you pre-screen them for sharpening ability before giving out Jon's number, or do you just accept that Jon in his Breaking-Bad meth lab will take care of that fix too?

    k.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” -- Isaac Asimov

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Jackson, MI.
    Posts
    1,524
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Love this thread already!

  5. #5
    Senior Member mattrud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    556
    Trust me. They know what I will say/do if they have dull knives in my kitchen.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    mr drinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,387
    Beautiful. A martinet in the kitchen.

    k.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” -- Isaac Asimov

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long island NY
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by mattrud View Post
    Trust me. They know what I will say/do if they have dull knives in my kitchen.
    How about opening cans with them,is that ok?

  8. #8

    JBroida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Posts
    4,691
    lol... your guys are always nice... plus i can be sure there is at least one person around who knows how to use and sharpen the knives, so thats a plus

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Chef Niloc View Post
    How about opening cans with them,is that ok?
    Might be with a more thicker knife. The DT bubble wrap broke its tip on a can of beans....
    So I wouldn't use thin knives for this task.....

  10. #10
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, FL, USA
    Posts
    4,531
    Quote Originally Posted by oivind_dahle View Post
    Might be with a more thicker knife. The DT bubble wrap broke its tip on a can of beans....
    So I wouldn't use thin knives for this task.....
    Øivind, everyone knows you should use a Shigefusa to open cans, right?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •