Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: shrinkage

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter01 View Post
    Testing....
    That is a fantastic photograph!
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter01 View Post
    That works. When i went above either the file size (kB's) or size (pixels) specified in the attachment manager the picture is reduced to a 5kB thumbnail. .jpeg files can be much larger than .jpg.

Is it possible to post a picture with a decent size directly into the web browser (like the third post in this thread)?
    It always has been. Upload the image to a hosting service like Photobucket or Picasa, then reference the URL of the image rather than uploading it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    I use Google's Picasa, much cleaner, less clutter than photobucket.
    I have Picassa now....it's what I used to re-size the photo. So when I took the roughly 5000 x 3000 photo and resized in Picassa to 1024 x 683 it went from about 5.2 MB to 3 MB. Do you think that's still why it didn't work?

much more awesomer
    Sorry, even though I support the site, I've always felt the built-in uploader sucks. I use both Picasaweb and Photobucket interchangeably to store and upload photos, and link to them wherever I post online. Lately I've used Picasaweb more because it plays more nicely with my Eye-Fi card.

Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

sorry...another failed attempt

Quote Originally Posted by Namaxy View Post
    I have Picassa now....it's what I used to re-size the photo. So when I took the roughly 5000 x 3000 photo and resized in Picassa to 1024 x 683 it went from about 5.2 MB to 3 MB. Do you think that's still why it didn't work?
    No I don't think so, that shouldn't matter. Just use the online portion of Picasa to upload your pictures and paste the link with [img] [/img] tags.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

much more awesomer
    If you upload to Picasaweb (from Picasa or any other way -- like I use Eye-Fi), just click on the picture you want to upload to select it; it will now be the large picture on your screen. On the lower part of the right-hand column, click on "Link to this Photo" which will expand with options. Select "Image only (no link)" and select the size you want from the drop-down. Then copy that link and either use the simple BB code img tags as JohnnyChance suggests, or if using the wysiwyg editor, click the image button and select the "From URL" tab, paste the link and de-select the "retrieve" box.

Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    If you upload to Picasaweb (from Picasa or any other way -- like I use Eye-Fi), just click on the picture you want to upload to select it; it will now be the large picture on your screen. On the lower part of the right-hand column, click on "Link to this Photo" which will expand with options. Select "Image only (no link)" and select the size you want from the drop-down. Then copy that link and either use the simple BB code img tags as JohnnyChance suggests, or if using the wysiwyg editor, click the image button and select the "From URL" tab, paste the link and de-select the "retrieve" box.
    I used to do that too. Too much work. Just right click on the photo and select copy image link. The standard size is usually a good size to be posting in the forum anyway.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

much more awesomer
    Yeah, I do it that way too. But sometimes you have to give all the real instructions.

Also, using the embedding link makes sure outsiders can't find a backdoor into your albums if you don't want them snooping around...

Francesco
    Unskilled flunky