Hello!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHT580

Reaction score
I recently purchased a set of JCK #1 White Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan knives and was interested in studying them a bit further. I input the series in a google search quarry and lo and behold, this forum was the first link. After reading a few threads here and there I had to join!

I'm still eagerly awaiting my knives, so you'll have to make due with a description of myself. I'm currently working as a sous chef in Boston, MA. I ended up in this industry based on a gut-instinct career change decision in high school and never looked back. This was after aspiring to become an aerospace engineer through the majority of that highschool career. Although, it was definitely one of the best decisions I've ever made; and it got me hooked on knives. Just as a talented Chef can create a masterful work of culinary art, a talented knifesmith can create masterful works of cutlery; it's something I can certainly appreciate. I've practiced sharpening with my damn-near-impossible 'F. Dick' chef's knife on a set of Japanese water stones to an edge no school issued knife dare dream of, but I'm still a novice technician so I'm sure to get some tips and tricks from this forum.

Thanks for having me here~

Haha, hopefully I'll bump into this person. Thank you all for the warm welcome! My knives arrived yesterday as well . . . to be greeted by no one and returned to the post office :( However, they're showing up tomorrow so thus far, a fantastic week!

WElcome to KKF! i do believe that you will enjoy your time spent with fellow knife nuts here :)

Haha, hopefully I'll bump into this person. Thank you all for the warm welcome! My knives arrived yesterday as well . . . to be greeted by no one and returned to the post office :( However, they're showing up tomorrow so thus far, a fantastic week!
greetings! did you get the knives...impressions?

Back