Quantcast
A must have knife - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A must have knife

Wow! I think I need one!

Someone has used the pakistani-damascus knives as a strong inspiration..

It's all about the holes! Let's all start drilling!!!!!
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    It is kind of mind-boggling, as each knife has a lot of work in it. I kind of wonder what goes through the maker's head when he decides on this or that feature. I find it fascinating.

M
    If I were a maker, I could see how seeing other makers' knives can be fascinating. However, as a consumer, "fascinating" is not the word I would use to describe my feelings about these knives.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Quote Originally Posted by NO ChoP! View Post
    It's all about the holes! Let's all start drilling!!!!!
    Seriously. *** is up with all this drilling??? Is this in response to, "S**t. This knife is so heavy and thick, how the hell am I going to make it lighter??? Oh yeah! Let's drill the hell out of it!!!"

To me, the absolutely most idiotic thing about drilling holes is that these knives can't last because you will eventually sharpen away the edge and you'll be left with holes or half holes/teeth.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Quote Originally Posted by mhlee View Post
    Seriously. *** is up with all this drilling??? Is this in response to, "S**t. This knife is so heavy and thick, how the hell am I going to make it lighter??? Oh yeah! Let's drill the hell out of it!!!"

To me, the absolutely most idiotic thing about drilling holes is that these knives can't last because you will eventually sharpen away the edge and you'll be left with holes or half holes/teeth.
    Not to mention the joy of cleaning food out of all those stupid holes every time you use it. I'll pass.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by mhlee View Post

Look at it this way, Michael, once you get to the holes in your sharpening the edge will cut much better

And it will be easier to start cuts in tomatoes!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Crazy, this maker has put a freaking lot of time onto these unworldly creations. They remind me of what a knife an Alien would use. I know it sounds crazy given that nobody knows that an alien looks like but check out the titanium knives. What the heck is that dimply rainbow-steel square thing used for. See you can't answer. I going to say its used for peeing the skin off an Alien eel. I think this guys is way ahead of his time.

OH So i'm having fun with this thread. Did you guys know that:

5. Always remember that knives are for cutting things softer than they are. Concrete, rocks, and other metals tend to dull or damage knives, well sometimes a little aluminium can cutting doesn't hurt too much, but you'll still lose some cutting preformance. So be careful, but always remeber I can fix it, and if I can't I'll make you a new one if you pay for the materials.

Very confident little Chap! Remember, No concrete or rocks. Did he say don't cut concrete? Man is genius!