Media A must have knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The man certainly has unique tastes! I love some of his descriptions, "small serrations to help start a cut," Marko why dont you do that? And a hybrid clever, butchers knife, chefs knife, battle axe, come on that's both beautiful and practical.

It is kind of mind-boggling, as each knife has a lot of work in it. I kind of wonder what goes through the maker's head when he decides on this or that feature. I find it fascinating.

M

It is kind of mind-boggling, as each knife has a lot of work in it. I kind of wonder what goes through the maker's head when he decides on this or that feature. I find it fascinating.

M

+1 to that. And not just his "kitchen" knives. His tactical and folding knives are more than a little odd as well.

Is that a finger guard on the chef knife?:nunchucks:

The pair of chef knives towards the bottom of the page look to be very close to ok knives! Lose the handles and the full bolster though, he seems to acknowledge that it's the best performer too

The cleaver looks kinda ok... but why didn't he jump on the crazy train with the blade on that one(the handle is another story)? :dontknow:

Is that a can opener feature I see?
They are all notched at the heel, many in a not-so-integrated looking fashion.

The one with the blue G10 handle and the holes Looks like it might perform well as an EDC.
It's not the type of thing I would carry, but we all know somebody that would... And I find it attractive enough.

Someone has used the pakistani-damascus knives as a strong inspiration..

M

If I were a maker, I could see how seeing other makers' knives can be fascinating. However, as a consumer, "fascinating" is not the word I would use to describe my feelings about these knives.

It's all about the holes! Let's all start drilling!!!!!

Seriously. *** is up with all this drilling??? Is this in response to, "S**t. This knife is so heavy and thick, how the hell am I going to make it lighter??? Oh yeah! Let's drill the hell out of it!!!"

To me, the absolutely most idiotic thing about drilling holes is that these knives can't last because you will eventually sharpen away the edge and you'll be left with holes or half holes/teeth.

Seriously. *** is up with all this drilling??? Is this in response to, "S**t. This knife is so heavy and thick, how the hell am I going to make it lighter??? Oh yeah! Let's drill the hell out of it!!!"

To me, the absolutely most idiotic thing about drilling holes is that these knives can't last because you will eventually sharpen away the edge and you'll be left with holes or half holes/teeth.

Not to mention the joy of cleaning food out of all those stupid holes every time you use it. I'll pass.

Look at it this way, Michael, once you get to the holes in your sharpening the edge will cut much better :rofl2:

And it will be easier to start cuts in tomatoes!

Crazy, this maker has put a freaking lot of time onto these unworldly creations. They remind me of what a knife an Alien would use. I know it sounds crazy given that nobody knows that an alien looks like but check out the titanium knives. What the heck is that dimply rainbow-steel square thing used for. See you can't answer. I going to say its used for peeing the skin off an Alien eel. I think this guys is way ahead of his time. :scratchhead:

OH So i'm having fun with this thread. Did you guys know that:

5. Always remember that knives are for cutting things softer than they are. Concrete, rocks, and other metals tend to dull or damage knives, well sometimes a little aluminium can cutting doesn't hurt too much, but you'll still lose some cutting preformance. So be careful, but always remeber I can fix it, and if I can't I'll make you a new one if you pay for the materials.

Very confident little Chap! Remember, No concrete or rocks. Did he say don't cut concrete? Man is genius!

Not to mention the joy of cleaning food out of all those stupid holes every time you use it. I'll pass.

Maybe you're SUPPOSED to use the holes.

It's a knife and mincer, crusher and sieve - put garlic on your cutting board and smash the side of the knife where the holes are on your food!!! Instant minced garlic!!!

Okay, so we've figured out the holes are for mincing garlic and the dimply square thing is for skinning alien eels, but what are the serration-like things on the spine of the knife for? :scratchhead:

Okay, so we've figured out the holes are for mincing garlic and the dimply square thing is for skinning alien eels, but what are the serration-like things on the spine of the knife for? :scratchhead:

That's the most obvious one. Bread-saw.

It's a multi-tool.

I think he's channeling Wallace Shawn as Vizzini in The Princess Bride when he describes a new steel he's working with as having "... hitherto inconceivable properties."

The fit and finish on the blades are excellent.I am sure if he picked the brain of someone with some kitchen knife skills he could make a great knife.

That is what I thought, judging by complexity of the blades - hell, drilling all those holes to keep symmetry intact is harder than you think, but boy, some of his stuff is weird.

M

well he is in my area code maybe i will see him at a show.

Back