Greetings from the far north

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birdeye

Reaction score
Long-time lurker says hello. I kind of forgot about this place while I was stressing over my finals, but now it's all over so I figured it would be a good time to introduce myself.

I'm just a regular student so my interest in kitchen knives is quite unfortunate... I live in western Finland and around here everyone has their own custom made puukko knife, but kitchen knives are not getting the same kind of attention. One of the reasons could be that many people use puukko for all possible cutting purposes... :D My interest in knives started with a general interest in cooking, but Chinese and Japanese cuisine were the turning point I think. I've been wanting a chinese vegetable cleaver (among other things *cough*) for some time, but they are not easy to find here. On the other hand there seems to be a lot of information on the forum, so I'll probably find some way to do it.

Pleased to meet you all. :)

Of course.. a fin and his fetish for sharp objects!

Welcome, from your glorious master-race neighbor country!

; )

Tervetuloa tänne,would like to see your puukoo. I Have à couple of Roselli knives from suomi

Hello! Welcome! I hope you have as much fun posting here as I do. :D

Back