Quantcast
FS: A freebie (bar shipping) II

Thread: FS: A freebie (bar shipping) II

FS: A freebie (bar shipping) II

I have almost identical knife to the one in the recent thread. Vintage Japanese carbon from Masakane if I remember it correctly.
    http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...h-shipping-%29

Would prefer it to go to somebody who could make a good use of it.

Please post in this thread.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    A passaround would be cool. Is it in good shape? Or do you just want to donate it? I have always been interested in what a vintage Japanese knife is like, the oldest one I have is only 15 years old at most.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

I got it as new and it has seen very little use. It's thinly ground and cuts relatively well, but it is what it is, inexpensively made, stamped knife. Have no idea what steel it is, probably some simple carbon steel. It gets pretty sharp though.

It would be nice to go to somebody who could really use it, to be honest, but that might be much to ask.

M

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    See if you can get up with voodoomajik. I think he has some guys at his job that could use it. He expressed interest when I did my "pay it forward" knife kit.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

i turned one of my friends onto japanese knives and she had a cheap fujiwara....her husband destroyed her knife....it was her only knife that she used....i would pass it on to her if you'd like.....ryan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viva la revolucion !

Sounds like she could use another knife. Are you coming to ECG by any chance?

won't know till the last minute probably....ryan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viva la revolucion !

I have a chef friend who got laid-off recently after 8 years of service at the same place, and the day before he was talking to me about getting in to j-blades so this might cheer him up.
    [FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][I]-"we're gonna make gluten free lasagna"[/I][/FONT]

I will have then a different one for him. This one is with a Western handle.

M

I can most certainly find a happy home for it, Will be used everyday. My concern is about 8 of our 80 cooks put ANY effort into caring for their knives. I'm still trying to get the apprentices to value a well maintained blade. They would rather smash it off a diamond steel...
    It's not the Answer it's the Experience