• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: A freebie (bar shipping) II

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A passaround would be cool. Is it in good shape? Or do you just want to donate it? I have always been interested in what a vintage Japanese knife is like, the oldest one I have is only 15 years old at most.

I got it as new and it has seen very little use. It's thinly ground and cuts relatively well, but it is what it is, inexpensively made, stamped knife. Have no idea what steel it is, probably some simple carbon steel. It gets pretty sharp though.

It would be nice to go to somebody who could really use it, to be honest, but that might be much to ask.

M

See if you can get up with voodoomajik. I think he has some guys at his job that could use it. He expressed interest when I did my "pay it forward" knife kit.

i turned one of my friends onto japanese knives and she had a cheap fujiwara....her husband destroyed her knife....it was her only knife that she used....i would pass it on to her if you'd like.....ryan

Sounds like she could use another knife. Are you coming to ECG by any chance?

won't know till the last minute probably....ryan

I have a chef friend who got laid-off recently after 8 years of service at the same place, and the day before he was talking to me about getting in to j-blades so this might cheer him up.

I will have then a different one for him. This one is with a Western handle.

M

I can most certainly find a happy home for it, Will be used everyday. My concern is about 8 of our 80 cooks put ANY effort into caring for their knives. I'm still trying to get the apprentices to value a well maintained blade. They would rather smash it off a diamond steel...:viking:

Back