Damascus 270 mm Suji for sale.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillC

Reaction score
This one is available.
Steel 1080/15n20 @ 60 hrc
This is a multi-bar W's based pattern, I called my version "Butterflies"
Blade length 280 mm
Height 46 mm
Full distal taper about 3mm over the heel, 2mm midway, 1mm an inch behind the tip.
Very thin at the edge,
Convex geometry.
The handle is Blackwood and Stabilized amboyna burl. It has an ally dowel.
The knife balances 25mm ahead of the choil.
This one is ready to go and cuts and handles beautifully.

The price is £580 including all shipping and fees.

Hope you like it :)
Here are the pics.

IMGP2632-1.jpg

IMGP2629.jpg

IMGP2646.jpg

IMGP2662-1.jpg

IMGP2668.jpg

IMGP2665.jpg

IMGP2670-1.jpg

IMGP2643-1.jpg

beautiful is all I can say. you always make great stuff.

Shoot -- I was thinking in Euros ($750). Dang those British! :knight:

This will be a very nice score for someone -- it's a stricking knife. Not for me though, as I already have one custom suji, and another in the works.

Here's a beautiful piece of work. This knife has enough blade height that it could be used as an all-rounder.

Shoot -- I was thinking in Euros ($750). Dang those British! :knight:

This will be a very nice score for someone -- it's a stricking knife. Not for me though, as I already have one custom suji, and another in the works.

I wanna know who you use for currency exchanges, for me it's still over a $1.25 per euro. Beautiful knife, Will. Looks more like a gyuto to me but it sure is pretty.

Yeah. Definietly a hybrid type of design. I like it a lot. How are people liking what you did to the ferrule? :thumbsup:

Nice work, Will. I was thinking the same thing about the ferrule at tk.

Thanks very much for all the comments Guys:biggrin:
Yes its got a good bit of height to make it a versatile knife, It doesn't handle like a huge knife though as the taper on profile and width is quite extreme.
TK, yes I think the taper works on the ferrule, It does lend itself more to a nice comfortable pinch grip though. Zitangy requested taper on his two knives and this was my solution.
The feedback from the two damascus clad blue Gyuto's with the front taper has been good. Zitangy should be able to try his out any day now.
I forgot to add sizes for the handle on this one, I put this in the small/medium bracket, its 13cm long. 21mm height at the front 23mm at the back. Width is also 21mm tapering to 22mm. It tapers in a smooth convex way on the front sides to 12mm.

Yeah. Definietly a hybrid type of design. I like it a lot. How are people liking what you did to the ferrule? :thumbsup:

I've personally found the taperd ferrule on my gyuto makes for a more comfortable pinch grip as my thumb and fingers lay in a more natural position.

Thanks Aphex thats great to hear.:doublethumbsup:

Yes. Good to know the handles are working out nicely. I still don't know if I'd want such a handle on my own blade. I'll have to stare at it a bit longer. :)

If you pinch grip, I dont see how it cant help. But you will be able to handle Judds suji soon and see:)
I'll do a sweatener on this one and offer it for £550 sterling all in

This one is available.
Steel 1080/15n20 @ 60 hrc
This is a multi-bar W's based pattern, I called my version "Butterflies"
Blade length 280 mm
Height 46 mm
Full distal taper about 3mm over the heel, 2mm midway, 1mm an inch behind the tip.
Very thin at the edge,
Convex geometry.
The handle is Blackwood and Stabilized amboyna burl. It has an ally dowel.
The knife balances 25mm ahead of the choil.
This one is ready to go and cuts and handles beautifully.

The price is £580 including all shipping and fees.

Hope you like it :)
Here are the pics.

IMGP2632-1.jpg

IMGP2629.jpg

IMGP2646.jpg

IMGP2662-1.jpg

IMGP2668.jpg

IMGP2665.jpg

IMGP2670-1.jpg

IMGP2643-1.jpg

This lovely knife needs to go chaps! I have been offered a 20ft steel container at a great price, which I would really like to buy to make into a wood shop for handles/clean assembly area. So I'll drop a bit more on it to £520 posted, thats a healthy discount off list price!!!
Come on you know you want it... :biggrin:

I've re-profiled the tip on this one. Making it slimmer and pointier at the time. I also managed to put a chip towards the heel, it was touching the thread of my blade clamp as I screwed it up, so I ended up thinning the whole thing as the tip needed thinning after re-profiling anyway.
It was good before, should be something pretty special now. I'll get a vid this morning. I have finished another, with my diamond handle /modified to a D type, still with some funky angles. Pics will be up its horrible weather here.

Here it is after a bit of a tip re-profile.
Someone has first dibs on this one.
IMGP2832.jpg

IMGP2833.jpg

This one is sold pending, thanks KKF and congrats to the new owner:biggrin:

Now sold, thanks Ben, I'll send it out monday.:biggrin:

Back