Quantcast
Sakai Yusuke White Steel Gyuto on Ebay?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sakai Yusuke White Steel Gyuto on Ebay?

Sakai Yusuke White Steel Gyuto on Ebay?

Hey all,

First time poster here!

Just wondering is anyone has experience with this knife?

www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-Sakai-White-Steel-Gyuto-Knife-210mm-/230670818043?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b50d 5afb#ht_3014wt_1163

I'm looking for a 210mm, carbon, western style gyuto (more of a laser) and this looks pretty sweet. Wondering if anyone could share their opinions?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to KKF!!!
    I have a Yusuke wa in 240 and it is a great knife. Mine is SS but it is still very thin and cuts quite well. Another knife you might want to consider is this
    http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/...0mm-gyuto.html
    Not sure if you are 100% sold on carbon, but i think the Suisin is SS...please do not hold me to that lol

I don't have a gyuto, but a 210 petty and it is awesome. The Sakai Yusuke line is one of the best value ones out there. Fit and finish on them is perfect, good thin convex grind. I've bought quite a lot of stuff from Keiichi who runs BluewayJapan and he is great

The knife in question in this thread is the ultra-thin one, but a lot of people give their general thoughts on the Yusukes so hopefully it helps. This one

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
    Welcome to KKF!!!
    I have a Yusuke wa in 240 and it is a great knife. Mine is SS but it is still very thin and cuts quite well. Another knife you might want to consider is this
    http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/...0mm-gyuto.html
    Not sure if you are 100% sold on carbon, but i think the Suisin is SS...please do not hold me to that lol
    Wow, thanks so much for the quick replies! I already have plenty of SS knives, which is why I want a good carbon knife, one that will get all ugly, or pretty

I was also considering the,

Masamoto Hc 210 Gyuto
    Tanaka 210 Blue #2 Wa-Gyuto
    Sakai Takayuki 210 Blue #2 Gyuto
    Konosuke HD 210 Gyuto Western handle - I know, not fully carbon, but I always hear great things

I've heard of F&F issues on the Tanaka, but I'd roll the dice if worth it. Thanks again all!

you can get the konosuke in white#2. Also great reviews on that. I only tried the HD line but would like to try a white one also someday.

Quote Originally Posted by slowtyper View Post
    you can get the konosuke in white#2. Also great reviews on that. I only tried the HD line but would like to try a white one also someday.
    Looks like a great knife and I considered it. The only reason I'm leaning away is because I can only find it in a 240mm. I work in a shoebox kitchen with way to many people in it. So a 210mm gyuto is about the largest I can go.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenStefano View Post
    I don't have a gyuto, but a 210 petty and it is awesome. The Sakai Yusuke line is one of the best value ones out there. Fit and finish on them is perfect, good thin convex grind. I've bought quite a lot of stuff from Keiichi who runs BluewayJapan and he is great

The knife in question in this thread is the ultra-thin one, but a lot of people give their general thoughts on the Yusukes so hopefully it helps. This one
    This.

I'd stick with the S. Yusuke. The Tanaka is a very nice cutter with better edge retention than anything in white steel but the grind is pretty uneven and feels a little wonky as it's going through sometimes.

I have the ultra thin and like it very much! It is quite flexible though so its not suited for every task, I wouldn't want it as my only guyto - then I would get the regular version (which is also very thin).

I would get the sakai yusuke