Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An exotic chefs knife and the story behind it

Those are special, for sure. They aren't every day knives, just as you said, but they are really nice looking pieces. If they perform well, that's even better.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Can you include heel shots of this and other knives? It's hard to have an opinion about a knife without seeing its geometry, and even heel shots won't tell much. A video of actual cutting would be better.

What to many outside this forum looks like a kitchen knife, to some here it might look like a bowie with a kitchen knife profile.

Impressive skill on a last knife you posted, no doubt about it, but performance in a kitchen knife is a king. Aesthetics is important, but secondary to performance.

M
    Nice to hear from you, Marko. Here's a shot of the heel, but it's hard to tell what the grind is from this shot just as you predicted. The heel flares out a bit, which gives some finger comfort and provides a graceful transition to the bolster. For comparison's shake I included a shot of a Michael Rader/David Lisch damascus. Same idea, it flares out. I'll try to get a video going and include more heal shots in the future--thanks for the tip!
    Name:  IMG_2022.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  6.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_2023.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  11.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_2032.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  16.0 KB

I can say aesthetically it is a beautiful knife! Looks a little thick in the geometry dept. but still a very nice set.

Very cool set.