Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Fit and finish problems with Devin's ITK knives

Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaff View Post
    Yes, knives were bought new. And of course, I understand there's room for stuff like this in mostly hand made knives.
    How long ago did you buy your knives? I haven't seen an ITK cleaver available in a while. It would seem more appropriate to take up any issues with Devin rather than post about your issues in a public forum. Devin is active in this forum so it would have been more appropriate to use the PM feature so that you could give him a fair chance to fix "your" issues. Considering the quality and performance for the price, I think you've got two outstanding knives that are far better than the majority of knives on the market. At any rate, I think this post is completely unnecessary and you should have taken it up with Devin directly instead of posting what is coming off as a negative post.
    Last edited by rsacco; 05-24-2012 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Keep it nice

Quote Originally Posted by rsacco View Post
    How long ago did you buy your knives? I haven't seen an ITK cleaver available in a while. It would seem more appropriate to take up any issues with Devin rather than post about your issues in a public forum. Devin is active in this forum so it would have been more appropriate to use the PM feature so that you could give him a fair chance to fix "your" issues. Considering the quality and performance for the price, I think you've got two outstanding knives that are far better than the majority of knives on the market. At any rate, I think this post is completely unnecessary and you should have taken it up with Devin directly instead of posting what is coming off as a negative post - kind of a dick move if you ask me.
    i disagree completely: it was perfectly appropriate for him to bring this up. he wanted the opinions of others, and shared experience is what this forum is about. given the response that was given, i don't think anybody was poorly served by this thread.

Down rsacco, down boy, down. Woof, woof

Quote Originally Posted by rsacco View Post
    How long ago did you buy your knives? I haven't seen an ITK cleaver available in a while. It would seem more appropriate to take up any issues with Devin rather than post about your issues in a public forum. Devin is active in this forum so it would have been more appropriate to use the PM feature so that you could give him a fair chance to fix "your" issues. Considering the quality and performance for the price, I think you've got two outstanding knives that are far better than the majority of knives on the market. At any rate, I think this post is completely unnecessary and you should have taken it up with Devin directly instead of posting what is coming off as a negative post - kind of a dick move if you ask me.
    I think it's fair to inquire about other's experiences with particular knives. Unfortunately, someone surfing the net for info on Devin's knives might not look at the substance of the thread and inaccurately judge the quality of Devin's work based only upon the key words in the title.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    I think it's fair to inquire about other's experiences with particular knives. Unfortunately, someone surfing the net for info on Devin's knives might not look at the substance of the thread and inaccurately judge the quality of Devin's work based only upon the key words in the title.
    I agree. I think it's fair to inquire about other's experiences - no question there. My experience with Devin is that he goes the extra mile to see to it that his customers are satisfied with their knives so I don't have any doubt he would fix it.

i don't think anybody doubts Hoss' customer service. i've never used one of his knives, but i really, really want to.

i know none will probably like my opinion but i think a lot of this has to do with devin's reputation here.....ALOT of people here worship him....not to say that is wrong but the same thing is not true about say carter....if the same exact thread was brought up but about murray i think there would have been a lot different response......ryan

p.s.-i have owned knives from one dollar to over 5 grand and i have seen flaws on almost every single one of them......very very few are what i would call perfect....and those i would-noone would really be familiar with their knives here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viva la revolucion !

Though I agree with Ryan (to a degree), I think any vendor who contributes in the way Devin has in present and past forums and has the skills to match deserves that respect and deference. Prefect knives can be hit or miss no matter the maker. If you push a maker to do something new, it likely won't be perfect. If you buy a knife when a maker just starts making kitchen knives, it also probably won't be perfect. I have more imperfect knives than semi-perfect, and almost no perfect ones -- but my Devin petty is as close to perfect as I have.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy9977 View Post
    .....ALOT of people here worship him...
    Well I for one certainly don't worship Devin. I thought him walking on water was just some kind of parlor trick. As far as any hand-made item being perfect, it ain't gonna happen.

worship is probably the wrong word....couldnt think of a better one but those who know me know what i mean........ryan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viva la revolucion !